Second Skin Audio

Worth a recone?

Kidder

Not a problem at all man glad I could help out. Maybe we'll see a thread pop up with some BL recone pics haha. Just talk to each company to compare them and go with the one you like the best. Hope the recone goes smoothly for you

haha that would be nice. If it really came down to it I have a buddy that just lives in the next neighborhood over that loves FI. Running 2 18" BTLs in an s-10 pickup truck on I believe an AQ 3500D. It gets pretty stupid. He just reconed a 12" btl a couple weeks ago with no issues so i'm sure i'll be talking to him to get some pointers as well.

Edit: Extended cab pickup.

Is this guy a member up here on SMD? I'd like to see this truck as it sounds sick. Especially if it's walled. Might be able to get those 18's in a blow through also though. Also I'm sure he could give you pointers on Fi and their customer service.

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Is this guy a member up here on SMD? I'd like to see this truck as it sounds sick. Especially if it's walled. Might be able to get those 18's in a blow through also though. Also I'm sure he could give you pointers on Fi and their customer service.

I'm not sure if he's a memeber or not. It was walled but he's always changing it up. we had a local comp a few months back he had the wall in for less than a day showed up bare box(wall) running at .35 and was putting away multiple 6 and 8 sub setups in burbans/explorers/cadillac's. he ended up taking first place. literally had the wall in the night before and went to comp in the morning. He showed up right at the end of the first round he had to leave to go get a fuse since he blew it on his way to comp. it was a rather dramatic afternoon haha. other than electrical/audio upgrades it's bone stock and you'd never guess it was anything other than a little beater from the outside. that's probably why everybody gasped in shock and awe when he put up a 150 and nobody else was touching it

• 3 weeks later...

Okay I've been real busy with work lately and haven't had much play time. I went to take the basket off the motor tonight because I decided I am going for the 18" recone and the screws were all pretty close to stripped out. I found one that I was able to carefully start turning, or so I thought, and then the head of the screw broke off. So I basically have a bunch of stripped heads and one that is missing a head but the threads are still in the motor. What do I do? Guess it's a good thing I didn't order the recone already..

Not a problem at all man glad I could help out. Maybe we'll see a thread pop up with some BL recone pics haha. Just talk to each company to compare them and go with the one you like the best. Hope the recone goes smoothly for you

haha that would be nice. If it really came down to it I have a buddy that just lives in the next neighborhood over that loves FI. Running 2 18" BTLs in an s-10 pickup truck on I believe an AQ 3500D. It gets pretty stupid. He just reconed a 12" btl a couple weeks ago with no issues so i'm sure i'll be talking to him to get some pointers as well.

do you live out around Holland??

WARNING: I speak 4 languages, profanity, English, sarcasm & real shit

2003 ford explorer

2 RF T1 D4 15s in a 6.8 cubic ft box

1 T1500.1bdcp

250amp ALT by Mike Singer

2 runs of 0 gauge

3 yellow tops

do you live out around Holland??

I do. Right around the corner from him. He's only got one 18" n2 in right now just above the window line. I heard it last night. It gets nasty.

Archived