First time taking a stock Z1000 to the drag strip

You are officially screwed now... My dad's side of the family has been drag racing for 30+ years and that includes myself... You will want to go FASTER and FASTER and it will eat up MORE and MORE $$ lol... So run away while you can haha...

THe bikes we run are full on drag bikes running 7.70's-8 second runs :)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

My gsxr 1000 best run was a 9.47, thats without ever taking valve covers off. Running full graves exhaust, PCV, custom mapped and dyno tuned, BMC race filter, Ape cam chain temsioner, stretched 6 over, 520 conversion, iridium ngk plugs, and a bazzaz TRE. IMO the zx14 isnt all that fast for 1/8 or 1/4 mile, its more a 1/2 mile or better bike same as busas, they just weigh way too much. I eat busas and crap zx14s on 1/8 and 90% of 1/4 mile runs.

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

I believe the GSXR's to be the best powerhouse bikes in their class... Dunno what it is about them but stock they seem to eat other bikes up... The Gsxr's and R series bikes are my fave

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I believe the GSXR's to be the best powerhouse bikes in their class... Dunno what it is about them but stock they seem to eat other bikes up... The Gsxr's and R series bikes are my fave

I LOVE mine, in the world of bikes they truely are a diff beast

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

I had an 08 zx14 before this 1000. I had gearing for the strip, pcv, fully muzzy exhaust, an awesome map, lowered, stretched...7 inches? about, shinko, etc, etc. It would run the low 9's all day but it was time for something new. Got the Z and now I'm missing racing :(. The new 14 with the same mods should be pretty darn fast.

I have a vid of me taking the old 14 up the road with street gearing.

***2001 GMC 2500HD Regular Cab***

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-2 12 inch Pioneer Step-up Shallow Mounts

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

-Pioneer 6.5 coax in the doors

-Pioneer 4x6 coax in the pillars

-Old School Alpine MRV-F250 for Mids/Highs

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-500+ cubic inch 950hp BBC + 400-650 shot of Nitrous

-Audio coming soon-

The numbers between the zx14 and busas arent much higher than that of the gsxr 1000 or zx10, especially when you consider a 300 and 400 cc difference and most of the seperation is in torque numbers. You compare each along with the power to weight ratio, because any drag racer knows every ounce make a difference, the 1000s have the edge by far. Get a good 1000 and use the difference in price for mods and you can smoke those big motors. Port and polished heads 3 mil crank, 40 shot of nitrous, bmc filter, PCV or bazzaz with ignition module, baffled oil pan, solid clutch plates with HD springs, and decent map and dog a busa or zx14 with the same mods

Your right, especially the new ZX10. It's tearing everything up. But I am a torque kinda guy.

After owning my old 14 I gotta admit they're monsters at the strip when I race liter bikes with the same kind of mods.

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-Audio coming soon-

that give me the chills seeing you hauling ass in the wooded area! I hit a deer this spring on my r1 lol so that prob has a big factor! does that speedo say 190? nice run at the strip always wanted to try!

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

The speedo on the zx14 stops at 185. But with that gearing I was shifting into 6th gear around 190-195mph.

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-Audio coming soon-

nice bike!!!

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Archived