XS Power

are my xs power batts f*c%ed?

well i got 3 d975s and a d925 all of them are where brand new and less than 6 months old

after my jimmy build stopped (due to engine then tranny problems) i took all of them out

charged em up (i have a cheap 10 dollar charger from harbor freight but its only 1.5a and it doesnt charge over 14v from what my DDM says)

link to my charger

http://www.harborfreight.com/automatic-battery-float-charger-42292.html

and put them in their box's for about a week and brought them out charged em (they where all sitting @ 12.8ish)

its been maybe a week to 10 days since the last charge and all of them are reading 12.3-12.4!!!!!

the only thing i can think of is we had a pretty bad temp drop (from 50s at night down to about 30 or lower)

could this cause them to drop like that?

they are in my storage shed which is not climate controlled

i have them on a friends charger for now battery tender from advanced autoparts

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/BTD0/0210128/N0360.oap?ck=Search_battery+charger_N0360_-1_-1&keyword=battery+charger&pt=N0360&ppt=C0005

how fu*kd are they?

i mean they are still above 12v but from what i read and the reaseacrch i did you have to keep them above 12.6 otherwise sulfur deposits will collect on the cells

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

thanks guys i got them back up to 13s floating around 13.4 right now

i hope there ok :(

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

If they aren't and you sell items, I got dibs. Lmfao!

lol im sure the cells are fine i just wanna know if i should expect less output from them... low life?

if it is caused by the cold how am i suppose to keep the voltage up during a wisconsin winter... lol

well all have been charged overnight/part of the day and they are all siting @ 13.xx hopfully nate chimes in on the possible damage(if any)

ill be keeping them in the house till i get them installed/watching them daily to make sure there isnt a drastic drop in resting voltage :shrug:

just keep them on the charger. if they are floating at 13 volts then they are just fine, usually they drop to 10 volts withing seconds after taking charger off when they have gone bad

lol u can let me borrow them ;) they'll be charged up everyday till u need em :P

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

Prob no issues with them, but sitting that low is not good for them. Doesn't mean if they fall below 12.6V while being stored that they are totally junk though. They def do not have a bad cell from what you have told us though. What I would expect happened was they were not fully charged when you took them off the charger and put them in the box. Batteries right off the charger will show you a residual charge which is higher than the actual resting voltage.

Best thing you can do is to get them fully charged and then let them sit for 24 hours and see what the voltage is sitting at. The key thing here is getting them fully charged.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg