sq car speakers

keith

I wouldn't use 6x9 speakers to start off, you never want non-circle shaped speakers, especially for sound quality.

Cablguy184 is one of the best people to ever listen to when it comes to sound quality.

You sure about that????I'm talking about the 6x9's

Yes because of the basic fact that sound waves are circle shaped, not oval shaped.

Now if you're tricking me with the shape factor, then I exclude horns or planar tweeters.

sorry to bust your bubble but you are wrong sir

ill quote myself

I know of an awsome sq car with 6x9's in the doors id horns under the dash and super tweets in the dash

the only round speaker in there is the super tweets that only play 10k and up almost never heard

I really don't care, the best sounding speakers are round, end of story.

I'm not gonna let you fling around that sq judge title to take you seriously, plus I wanna hear Cablguy's input on this.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Technically a sound wave is the disturbed air from a vibrating object. The air vibrates your ear drum blah blah blah. Point being, this air will be disturbed in the general "shape" of the object that is vibrating, yes. But there is no set shape that the sound wave is supposed to be if that makes sense. The laws of physics don't state that a sound wave is only "correct" if it is emanating from a round object such as a round speaker. Your ears cannot hear the difference between a wave created by two differently shaped objects if it is producing the same frequencies at the same interval and amplitude.

Team NorthWestSPL

There's also the fact that a round speaker moves in equal, and uniform movements because the basic weight of the cone is evenly distributed. You don't get that with square or oval speakers.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I wouldn't use 6x9 speakers to start off, you never want non-circle shaped speakers, especially for sound quality.

Cablguy184 is one of the best people to ever listen to when it comes to sound quality.

You sure about that????I'm talking about the 6x9's

Yes because of the basic fact that sound waves are circle shaped, not oval shaped.

Now if you're tricking me with the shape factor, then I exclude horns or planar tweeters.

sorry to bust your bubble but you are wrong sir

ill quote myself

I know of an awsome sq car with 6x9's in the doors id horns under the dash and super tweets in the dash

the only round speaker in there is the super tweets that only play 10k and up almost never heard

I really don't care, the best sounding speakers are round, end of story.

I'm not gonna let you fling around that sq judge title to take you seriously, plus I wanna hear Cablguy's input on this.

lmao!!!!!! you will take cable guy somone that lives a few stats over seriously over someone that builds for sq and judges it to meaning i know what the fuck true sq is

k that makes sence lmao you can belive what ever you want does not make you right tho

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

There's also the fact that a round speaker moves in equal, and uniform movements because the basic weight of the cone is evenly distributed. You don't get that with square or oval speakers.

It is easier to make a round speaker have these attributes yes. But it is not impossible to do with an odd shaped speaker. I agree with you that in general round speakers sound better for many reason. But, I just thought i would clear up that round wave-oval wave misconception a bit.

I also suggest you listen to some higher end 6x9s before you make a full judgement, I got to hear the top of the line morel 6x9s in a local listening room and they were very impressive :good:

Team NorthWestSPL

My opinion stands still strong cause I'm stubborn as a mountain, just like I won't use Class D Multi channel amps for SQ, I won't use odd shaped speakers (excluding horns or planars) for SQ. End of story.

To OP, sorry for the pissing match between me, and Alpine, I sincerely apologize.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

No pissing match here you belive what you do that's fine but does not mean that its right if it works for you that's great but it does not make true for eveeryone like your class d statment they don't work for you but in 2010 meca sq finals I saw cali guyy take world champuseing 4 channel class d amps they were alpine amps to be exaxt

Sorry for typos posting from phone

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

The objective of true sq is to have perfect front staging thats all aligned and imaged correctly. Why in the hell would you put rear fill in that will totally pull the imagery off the dash and towards the rear of the car?

If true sq isnt what you are looking for, please stop using the term incorrectly and state you are wanting a clean precise sounding mids and highs set up.

True Sq and rear fill do not belong even on the same page as one another.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

The objective of true sq is to have perfect front staging thats all aligned and imaged correctly. Why in the hell would you put rear fill in that will totally pull the imagery off the dash and towards the rear of the car?

If true sq isnt what you are looking for, please stop using the term incorrectly and state you are wanting a clean precise sounding mids and highs set up.

True Sq and rear fill do not belong even on the same page as one another.

Ahhh come on now bro. Your talking to the same group that thinks super tweeters are SQ. Or the same ones who think "sounding clear as loud as you can" as SQ. There is NO WAY 6x9's or class D amps can be in a competition level SQ car, nor win a world finals.

It's better to just skim over these threads then it is to bang yer head on the keyboard @ all the fail opinions about SQ, Can't tell the "don't knows" that they need to spend some real time at SQ events to have a clear understanding of what real SQ is.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived