Does anyone here like today's mainstream hip hop?

biggie > ab-soul

delivery is key also, not just lyrics.

I agree 100% delivery is key but the thing people miss a lot is the same ol same garbage topics that rappers today talk about is the exact same thing Biggie was talking about. A lot of the newer hip-hop artists keep the status quo for something to say with a hard delivery. I like what Ab says and the way he brings it to you. Biggie was radio worthy that's it but he had no insane delivery. Again this does not take away from the fact that I am huge biggie fan.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Chamillionaire and pretty much ALL the artists out of Texas are what i listen to...

I still listen to some older mainstream artists but most of the shit now a days is garbage...

I do like Hopsin, Em is still doing alright... There a few select others like Tech N9ne and some others but most of the mainstream stuff is NOT what it used to be AT ALL

i love slim thug and trea tha truth

i just listen to whatever has a good beat and if bass is good.

bay area has the best music around

Rarely but only If they have something clever to say or a cool topic,but I'm rather tired of "All my bitches" , "My whip wit tha 30s" and the always famous "My money stacked to the roof".Usually the only thing they have is a nice bass line like Juicebox for example nice bass stupid ultra repetitive lyrics.

Trust No One

Kush & OJ is a mixtape not a song lol......That Beatnuts "Watch Out Now"! Holy shit, I remember that shit when I was younger but never knew who it was

Agreed for the most part with you Bleed, the Pac part I can half agree. I have said in another thread, "too many rappers, not enough artists"

Even though I know there are even ppl in other countries like Europe that listen to Bay Area rap its still nice to hear ppl from other regions of the U.S. say they enjoy it the most! We have a wide variety of rap coming out the Bay, I guarantee you will find more than one artist and song you like

Some of my other favorite artists:

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Hits with a heavy dose of reality. Second part is especially real at 3:15 until the end.

Anyway, yeah I don't listen to the radio, but I don't really make fun of it ether. I just let people listen to the shit they like. All music is made for different things. Some people want something they can relate to, some want music to make them happy and forget their real life, some people want music about what they wish they had, and some people just want music to dance to. Yea real hiphop is usually about more "real" subjects instead of chicks, cars, and money, but thats what the culture of hiphop has always been about. I don't go to clubs or anything, but if I went out to have a good time, I wouldn't want to dance to Kendrick Lamar, Hopsin, Lupe Fiasco, Immortal Technique, Lowkey, Rhyme Asylum, J. Cole, Diabolic, Atmosphere, Jedi Mind Tricks, Brother Ali, Tonedeff, Joe Budden, etc, etc...TBH, I'd want to dance to stuff like Future, 2 Chainz, Lil Wayne, Kayne West, Dubstep and what ever the hell else there is.

With that being said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvfUEkjEu9I

Hits with a heavy dose of reality. Second part is especially real at 3:15 until the end.

Anyway, yeah I don't listen to the radio, but I don't really make fun of it ether. I just let people listen to the shit they like. All music is made for different things. Some people want something they can relate to, some want music to make them happy and forget their real life, some people want music about what they wish they had, and some people just want music to dance to. Yea real hiphop is usually about more "real" subjects instead of chicks, cars, and money, but thats what the culture of hiphop has always been about. I don't go to clubs or anything, but if I went out to have a good time, I wouldn't want to dance to Kendrick Lamar, Hopsin, Lupe Fiasco, Immortal Technique, Lowkey, Rhyme Asylum, J. Cole, Diabolic, Atmosphere, Jedi Mind Tricks, Brother Ali, Tonedeff, Joe Budden, etc, etc...TBH, I'd want to dance to stuff like Future, 2 Chainz, Lil Wayne, Kayne West, Dubstep and what ever the hell else there is.

With that being said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvfUEkjEu9I

This is very well said! Some can tolerate the radio 24/7 and some only want to hear that crap to party, dance ect...

Me & My DJ*!

I like most of brick squad and really nappy mix tapes and what not. but i also like trance and hardcore

Main stream Hip-Hop not so much...

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

Archived