Does anyone here like today's mainstream hip hop?

There is a huge problem in this thread that I think you all missed. MOST of the artists named are rappers not hip hop artists. There is a huge difference between rap and hip hop and the problem with a lot of people is they don't differentiate it. Remember what it means to be a Hip-Hop artist and what it means to be a rapper. Rappers entertain and hip hop artists tell a story. To tell the truth there is not that many Hip-Hop artists who get too much radio play. Cole gets play because he can make a club banger that sounds good on the radio, Nas because well he's Nas, he could piss on a mic and make a platinum hit, but very rarely will you here anybody from Black Hippy on the radio these days. Hip-Hop isn't as big as it use to be but there are still a lot of artists who will kill a beat I like Hopsin Swizzz and Dizzy Wright. KRIT gets shout and a few others but please if you are going to talk mainstream rap please change the title of this thread to reflect it because the bullshit rappers half you cats named can choke on a dick. If y'all wanna talk mainstream rap please continue but correct the name. If you wanna talk real hip hop then a new thread must commence. There is a passion put in a Hip-Hop track that you won't find on the radio. Mos-Def, De La Soul, Rakim to name a few. Biggy and Pac were rappers. Pac was only a melodic poet sometimes most of the times his songs were meant to entertain. To be real you pit either of them against Kendrick Lamar or Ab-Soul and they will get their asses handed to em. They only time I really bump any mainstream rappers is when I am demoing or listening to bass and even then my go to song for bass is Ab-Soul - Showin Love.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

There is a huge problem in this thread that I think you all missed. MOST of the artists named are rappers not hip hop artists. There is a huge difference between rap and hip hop and the problem with a lot of people is they don't differentiate it. Remember what it means to be a Hip-Hop artist and what it means to be a rapper. Rappers entertain and hip hop artists tell a story. To tell the truth there is not that many Hip-Hop artists who get too much radio play. Cole gets play because he can make a club banger that sounds good on the radio, Nas because well he's Nas, he could piss on a mic and make a platinum hit, but very rarely will you here anybody from Black Hippy on the radio these days. Hip-Hop isn't as big as it use to be but there are still a lot of artists who will kill a beat I like Hopsin Swizzz and Dizzy Wright. KRIT gets shout and a few others but please if you are going to talk mainstream rap please change the title of this thread to reflect it because the bullshit rappers half you cats named can choke on a dick. If y'all wanna talk mainstream rap please continue but correct the name. If you wanna talk real hip hop then a new thread must commence. There is a passion put in a Hip-Hop track that you won't find on the radio. Mos-Def, De La Soul, Rakim to name a few. Biggy and Pac were rappers. Pac was only a melodic poet sometimes most of the times his songs were meant to entertain. To be real you pit either of them against Kendrick Lamar or Ab-Soul and they will get their asses handed to em. They only time I really bump any mainstream rappers is when I am demoing or listening to bass and even then my go to song for bass is Ab-Soul - Showin Love.

well either way they are both forms of entertainment, right? we are all just considering them equal there isnt much of a reason to put such a specific title on who does what. i say potato you say patato .......

biggie > ab-soul

delivery is key also, not just lyrics.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I got tired of listening to 'fuck bitches get money I get pussy and smoke weed' in every fucking song recently so I pretty much listen to exclusively to dubstep and trap but every once in a while I'll listen to Fabo and I tried listening to cruel summer but just couldn't handle it

Detroit has some decent songs that I listen to but nothing spectacular

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

Im kinda annoyed at every new song wayne gets on he now he MUST mention "trukfit" and "skateboarding"....

Hopsin, Yelawolf, tech n9ne, madchild are just a few of my favorites

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

PSY! Gangnum style.

HIP HOP, not k-pop ! :P

but i do love the part "AYYYYYYYYYYYYY SEXY LADY" HAHAH

Archived