Ive been doing a lot of reading lately and i believe i have found the issue with all of americas problems

our government is based on an old standard that was needed when communication was not so easy, the electoral college. If i remember right this was created simply because it was too difficult to get every person in the colonies to meet up to vote on things. so they elected representatives to do it for them

thats all well and good but today things are different. international communication is simple and happens daily. why is the middle man still a thing? tradition?

i understand that not every little thing can go to a public poll, but doesn't it make sense that the people get to vote on more of the things that affect them? why should we continue to trust people who constantly make mistakes?

I believe it is time for us to dismantle the majority of our government and bring democracy back to its roots, the people. let the people decide. let the people be informed. let the people do the work. no more parties, no more bickering, no more campaigns and lying to keep a job. its time for the people to decide for themselves.

Hell even if it brings about similar results at least we wont have anyone to be mad at but us. its easy to say someone did something wrong and that you can do it better (it happens every sunday on the couches of pot bellied men) but when you finally have power one may be inclined to find a solution to the problem rather than blaming someone for causing it.

as far as the actual system to be implemented for such a thing im not sure just yet. it would be a task for sure.

what are your thoughts on this? am i correct in thinking the middle man is the issue here? does the power need to be shifted back to the people? or are we just too dumb as a mass, or is there too many of us for such a thing to work?

discuss

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

we the people was always the theory behind politics. however its turned towards the crooked politiciians.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

exactly my point

we need to make ourselves powerful again

take the politicians out

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Strange, I've sort've said that in college haha. The country has become power hungry and stupid. Many people actually voted for Obama just because he was black. I'm not saying that's why he won the election but he's 1/2 black and so people voted for him. That's a great way to elect a leader right?

But then why do we help others when others don't help us? Like WW2. Japan bombed us. We bombed them. End of the story right? Nope. Of course we went and helped them. They didn't help us. We bombed Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. We helping them. Why? That's like getting in a fight, knocking someone out with a punch and then helping them get medical attention cause you fractured their jaw. I mean how come they did 9/11 and we received absolutely 0 help? Is that because no country claims Bin Ladin or whatnot? So then why do we help them after we bombed em? Can't exactly say it's to keep our good standing in countries when even allies hate us now for those muslim videos.

And lastly, we've lost all of our freedoms. How many court cases, arrests, and such have you seen based on civil liberties and amendments? I was arrested once when I had the right to self defense and the right to bear arms. No one got hurt, although he did shit himself and cried like a baby, but I was arrested and all. Then went to court and magically, everything was dropped because the judge actually knew the damn law and knew I had rights which the cops tried to take away. Had a coworker who came very close to being arrested for having a gun in his trunk when the law for the state clearly stated that you had to have it out of your reach and secure, which it was in the trunk.

So IH8PUnkRok, I'm not sure how to fix the problem exactly, but I've lost all dignity and respect for people in authority positions. Not everyone is corrupt or power hungry, as there are great cops out there, there are people are do right, but one bad seed ruins the bunch. I would say overthrow the government and start fresh. I mean we elect those who we think will do best (or at least that's the idea) but then when elected, they say screw the people. I mean look at Obama and Romney right now. What's their strategy? Slander the opponent. "Obama has done this when he should've done this" "Romney ran his state down in the dumps" etc. Great future leaders right?

Sheena = pedobear

I mean we elect those who we think will do best (or at least that's the idea)

id like to address this portion specifically

how many candidates for president were there about 5 months ago?

how many times did you vote for those candidates?

and how many are there now?

you see somewhere along the line we lost the right to choose from the masses. we only get to choose A or B now and it has been this way for a while. candidates campaign and their respective parties decide which one suits the party best. then we vote for a party. it should not be this way

EVER

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Personally, since I feel how I feel (which is a very long story), I don't vote. I feel that no matter what, you lose. I mean I'm not really happy with Obama. I know what has happened the past 3 (almost 4) years will happen for the next 4 if he continues. But I don't believe in Romney. I don't think either will do good. So I honestly feel... overthrow our laws when it comes to presidency and such and restructure it. Like for example...

Obama got elected.

6 months in, people hated him.

Take vote to see if he should be kicked out of office

If yes, the next nominee takes over.

Repeat.

Now you'd get those nominees by the national parties. Like how you stated, each party has like 8 or so candidates. Well rather than eliminating all of them except one so at the vote it's either A or B... keep everyone. Therefore IF it's needed. Option T can be available.

I truly feel like they say whatever will help them win. "Romney wasn't born in America." "Yes I was, he's half black so he must be a robot, he's not even human."... etc etc. Like what they say is just stupid. Then when elected, they do what they want.

Sheena = pedobear

Some very good posts in here.

I also dislike that we're down to two people, and it seems the majority of the country doesn't want to vote for either side. I dislike Obama, I dislike Romney... why should I even vote since its not casting my true opinion on who I believe should run the country. Its a popularity contest, he who gets the most air time on tv wins. Get a bunch of air time, come up with some scare tactic/bashing commercials, pave a road across american using $100 bills and viola you are the president.

If they really wanted to help this country prosper they would quit throwing away millions on campaigns. Instead of corporations lining the pockets of politicians maybe they could line the pockets of the working man. Rather than funding a commercial bashing the other side, fund a commercial promoting your products or services to increase sales.

[/rant]

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

This will be my first year voting, and both of the candidates, imo, aren't president worthy. I like some of the views of both, and dislike even more of both. And I've noticed in the past that their "views" when it comes to their nomination campaigns go all out the window once they're actually elected anyways, it's all about telling the people what they wanna hear. I mean, the president doesn't really have all that much power, he's more of a figure head the way I see it. But it's nothing but broken promises and shattered hopes that maybe one of these candidates will get the economy to turn over when really they can't do a damn thing. It's not all the government though, I see a lot of America's problem resides a lot on the people that live in it as well. Don't get me wrong, our government is completely corrupt and holds non of the moral standards the founding fathers set forth for it, but look at the nation of America as a whole, what have we really become? You have a few different classes: Your hard working citizens, your government supported citizens, you're illegals, and the people that do illegal things (mixed in with subcategories here and there), everyone wants change, no one wants to change. I feel nothing will change unless stubborn fucks realize that it's the only way a change will happen. There was a time when everyone was a hardworking citizen trying to make their way in this country, but now there's too many people feeling they deserve to have things handed to them and work for nothing, including the politicians, its a disgrace to this country and what we should stand for.

*Didn't exactly stick to the main point, but needed to let everything out at once.*

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

This will be my first year voting, and both of the candidates, imo, aren't president worthy. I like some of the views of both, and dislike even more of both. And I've noticed in the past that their "views" when it comes to their nomination campaigns go all out the window once they're actually elected anyways, it's all about telling the people what they wanna hear. I mean, the president doesn't really have all that much power, he's more of a figure head the way I see it. But it's nothing but broken promises and shattered hopes that maybe one of these candidates will get the economy to turn over when really they can't do a damn thing. It's not all the government though, I see a lot of America's problem resides a lot on the people that live in it as well. Don't get me wrong, our government is completely corrupt and holds non of the moral standards the founding fathers set forth for it, but look at the nation of America as a whole, what have we really become? You have a few different classes: Your hard working citizens, your government supported citizens, you're illegals, and the people that do illegal things (mixed in with subcategories here and there), everyone wants change, no one wants to change. I feel nothing will change unless stubborn fucks realize that it's the only way a change will happen. There was a time when everyone was a hardworking citizen trying to make their way in this country, but now there's too many people feeling they deserve to have things handed to them and work for nothing, including the politicians, its a disgrace to this country and what we should stand for.

*Didn't exactly stick to the main point, but needed to let everything out at once.*

Exactly. Like watch that movie "The Patriot" with Mel Gibson. Then look at our lives now. Back then, alright, times were tougher as way more manual labor. But you had to fight for things, not just complain. So I agree, that's why I'm honestly tryin to save to move... Italy or Spain or even Canada... here I come... in like 20 years. Lol.

Sheena = pedobear

It's not all the government though, I see a lot of America's problem resides a lot on the people that live in it as well.

id like to talk about this piece of what you said

i have to wonder if people that abuse the system would still exist if they created the system.

my theory on this whole thing is shifted responsibility. the government is at a point where they rarely ask the people what to do and this creates a feeling of separation between the people and government. so now anything that goes wrong the people blame the government.

if we did not have that person to blame because we made the choices, what would happen? personally i think that things would get fixed instead of just a bunch of people yelling.

take a simple example. you want your room painted grey. so you tell your wife to go get some grey paint. she comes back with an ugly grey that you dont like. what happens next? "why did you get this color, it is ugly" blame

but say you went and got the paint yourself. first you probably would have picked one you liked and second if you did happen to pick and ugly one you have no one to blame but yourself so you fix the porblem

i believe giving the people their power back will result in a similar effect. less blame and more resolution

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build