Sonic Electronix

Call wiring wizards - 4 dvc 4 ohm subs

I have 4 12" Brutus dvc 4ohm subs (brz12d4) and a 3000 mono amp (zrx300.1d). I currently have the subs wired at a final impedance of 2 ohms. Based on the amps rating, it looks like its only putting out 1500 rms. The subs are 600 rms and 1200 peak each. Is it possible to wire the subs at 1 ohm to get the best out of the amp? I assume at 1

I wouldn't chance it. Either get another amp or sell the subs and get them in single 4 ohm.

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

Getting rid of this stuff or buying isn't an option right now. How do I get the most out of this setup?

Better box.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Not really much else you can do if you can't buy or sell any of it. Maybe try trading stuff?

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

Not possible for a 1 ohm load. You can wire it to half ohm and hope box rise helps you get a 1 ohm load.

No. Rise is not something you can just hope for as it is not constant. It changes, and varies, and depends on a lot more than just hope. I wouldn't run that amp below 1 ohm.

Best bet is to build a better box, and then sell it or trade the subs for subs that allow the configuration you need to get the most potential out of the amp.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

if i see one more guy that has no clue about ohm/box rise say that you can wire below 1 ohm and ohm rise should make you good ima go nuts

UNDERSTAND what you are talking about before you give advice

gotta love the internet

wire to .25 ohms on all stock electrical it worked for me it will work for you don't forget you get more power out of your amp if you put the neg wire in + and the positive in the - it gives you more amps yo

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived