Clif Designs repair attempt: Assembled

mbdblue

Update: Dolphin glazed it on friday night. Blocked down to 320, then went over the whole thing with 400. ready to prime and paint tomorrow. Soldered in the leads, went pretty well; just to take up the space, I used a single run of 12 gauge for the remote line too. decided I'll make a small aluminum plate for the wires to run through that will have grommets in it for the through-holes and will screw to the endplate. shouldn't be too difficult but I'll have to be careful drilling the holes cuz it'll drive me nuts if they aren't centered. runs are 8 feet long, and when I build a box, the 2 negatives and 2 positives will be combined into 2 ring terminals.

no6c90.jpg

2eg436s.jpg

2lnh5df.jpg

30wnzte.jpg

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

also may be worth mentioning...I'm also painting my EA4000. Both my 4000 and 4100 were for sale but they didn't sell so I'm keeping them, and getting rid of the awful looking "carbon fiber look" they have. I like the amps overall, but I always hated that cheesy looking paint. So I'll be just hitting them with the same trim black the Clif is getting and I'm ordering a pair of dark green Eclipse decals to match the paint of my car. This will probably not happen tomorrow since I already have enough painting to do, but probably tuesday.

I'm starting with just the 4000 cuz I haven't decided on speakers yet and if I get some that need more power, I can use both amps bridged. Knocked it down with 400 grit and taped it off.

vo91eu.jpg

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

me too looks very cool to see it all being done

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Me too guys....I wasn't able to pinpoint why it was going into protect. It didn't do it when I tested it on the power supply, but the supply was only good for 40 amps which is not all that much. It may have been having trouble either wired down to a lower impedance, or pulling more amperage than the supply could provide. We'll see when I go to power it up again I guess.

I plan on running the 3 SA 8s V2s I have on this amp....daily at 3 ohms then wired down to 1.33 if I want to get sketchy...I honestly don't expect the subs to be able to handle that, but we'll see about it too.

Here's an update of today's paint job....got a couple little things in the paint but I'm not really phased by it. I just wanted the deep gouges gone. Set it aside to dry overnight. I didn't know how the logo would turn out; I knew I didn't want to sand it off, but I wasn't sure if it would show through the paint...But it did, and I love the way it turned out.

20151102_125016_zpskvxrcyoi.jpg

20151102_125030_zpske9evdov.jpg

20151102_142952_zpsdfdssvsn.jpg

20151102_143017_zps9c5phcfe.jpg

took it home today. Tomorrow I'm gonna make the cover piece for the endcap out of aluminum then paint that too. I'm gonna go over the amp one more time to see if I can find anymore sketchy looking stuff, then put it all back together and hope it works!

vz7984.jpg

vwq0ph.jpg

Hella nice work man!! Painting is an art!

thanks man!

small update from today: Brought home a small piece of aluminum for the endcap. drilled 3 new holes to mount it, and the points where I'll drill for the rubber bushings. I want to take it back to work and grind the piece straight, cuz right now it's going on a slight angle and bothering me. Work has a big vise too, that I'd feel more comfortable using to drill since these holes need to be 1/2" and 3/8"....I don't want the piece warping or spinning so I'd rather do it there.

Unfortunately, I didn't sand down the 2nd amp enough, so when I tried painting it today, you could see where the carbon fiber look was and the logo too. Wasn't happy with it so I stopped and I'll be sanding it down more tonight to respray tomorrow. So not much to show but....

2ekuihi.jpg

vo32hz.jpg

91i2aq.jpg

dey3p1.jpg

plate is painted and mounted....Eclipse is resprayed too. I'm right in line to get this thing assembled this weekend.

o9kdb8.jpg

xg0fo2.jpg

2gwg5te.jpg

2dv5vd3.jpg

Little before and after with my parts amp....a lot happier with the flat black

10zd5hs.jpg

Archived