single cabs and car seats

So right now i have two boys. One is 2 1/2 and the other is 18 months. Anytime we go anywhere we our minivan to take the kids. I have a 2000 blazer and dont drive it alot due to high mileage i just use it to tow my boat. My wife wants me to sell it and use the van to tow my boat. Thats not gonna happen.anyways enough ramblin. Im wanting to sell my blazer and get a single cab silverado 96-98. Ive always wanted one and am in love with the bodystyle. But my question is this, would you giys feel comfortable putting your child in a single cab (airbags off of course).personally i believe a truck is safer than most small sedans. I got rearended in a 98z71 and my truck didnt have a scratch i know a sode imact is what id be worried about but ill have him sitting in the middle. But ill barely ever have to have one of the kids with me as we use the van for everything. So lets hear it guys honest opinions?

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

So right now i have two boys. One is 2 1/2 and the other is 18 months. Anytime we go anywhere we our minivan to take the kids. I have a 2000 blazer and dont drive it alot due to high mileage i just use it to tow my boat. My wife wants me to sell it and use the van to tow my boat. Thats not gonna happen.anyways enough ramblin. Im wanting to sell my blazer and get a single cab silverado 96-98. Ive always wanted one and am in love with the bodystyle. But my question is this, would you giys feel comfortable putting your child in a single cab (airbags off of course).personally i believe a truck is safer than most small sedans. I got rearended in a 98z71 and my truck didnt have a scratch i know a sode imact is what id be worried about but ill have him sitting in the middle. But ill barely ever have to have one of the kids with me as we use the van for everything. So lets hear it guys honest opinions?

I wouldn't see a major problem but that seat would take up alot of room, especially if its a 40/20/40 I would think...Any objections for an extended cab pickup? Just curious.

POTATO!

even the extended cabs are not going to have a lot of room int he back. itws gonna be cramped as hell in a single

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

even the extended cabs are not going to have a lot of room int he back. itws gonna be cramped as hell in a single

More than a regular for sure. (Unless you have a sub box sticking out like i do...lol)

POTATO!

im pretty sure that against the law at least it should be. Be a responsible parent and get something safe.

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

im pretty sure that against the law at least it should be. Be a responsible parent and get something safe.

Why would it be illegal? There are supports to attach a baby seat to in my truck...if it was illegal to put a kid in it, it would be illegal to operate on the road..

POTATO!

yeah im pretty sure its not illegal... but i live in a totally different county hah. down here there is no issue with it, I wouldn't have a problem with driving with my kid in on (if i had one)

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

More than a regular for sure. (Unless you have a sub box sticking out like i do...lol)

your years there is alot more room. If youve ever sat in the back of a 92-98 youd see the difference lol.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I had an extended cab and didnt mind it but i personally love the single cabs 88-98, but im just gonna keep my blazer and use income taxes to pay for the truck instead. Thanks for the opinions guys

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

I am pretty sure there is a law of children riding in the front seats of cars, in a booster or car seat. Maybe it is just in CA but, I wouldn't want to cram two kids and two adults in a single cab anything. I own a 98 silverado ext. cab and I have had my little girl in the back seat with her car seat when she was about 18 months as well on road trip. It was tight for that as well. Not to mention the back seat does not fit adults comfortably either for those years.

However, if you want to get a single cab truck for yourself by all means DO IT!!!

Archived