damn look at the price on that thing

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

damn look at the price on that thing

this was ages ago you can probably find one on ebay every once in a while for about 400-500 now but i believe they were so expensive in the beginning cause they were made of carbon fiber thats why they weigh like 1.8lbs. oh yea this is also an olllddd computer. if you watch the cnet video he mentions that it doesnt have a dial up connection which is very important to todays users so laptops at this point of time were almost never under 1k even lower line laptops were above 1k. time has changed alot since then lol.

for an 04 unit thoguh it was decent,its complete crap now though

well its not a workhorse im still on the lookout for one for cheap cause just to take notes in class and browse the web it would be sick cause of its size and weight and then you can have like a desktop at home to do the dirty work. its not for everyone but i think for a student it would be the best computer to use for class unless youre one of those students who plays WoW during class then just skip over this comp cause it wont do what you want it do.

Edited by Amalan

i dont like that it doesnt have dialup on it because my 02 vaio unit has dial up and networking and imo any guy whocant handle carrying my 8 pounder has issues.

eh i like thin. id rather have a thin notebook weight 8lbs than a thick notebook weighing 3lbs thats the only thing thats attractive to me at least about these ultraportable comps.

edit: also realized that the 1700 dollar mac and the 3000 dollar mac air are both the same size... on the website it said .16 to .76 but i realize its not even its .16in in the front and .76in the back. the only thing you get with the extra 1300 is a smaller solid state hard drive.

Edited by Amalan