Excessive Amperage Alt **Tested @ 239a this morning**

i bet it will pull around 150 amps or so ? idk im just guessing. But rememeber the alternator is charging the battery<-- so when the voltage drops , thats voltage dropping at amp from the BATTERY. Hook it up to the battery or alternator and it will be very solid. could always add dual inputs if it gets bad. i got to believe your ok though.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

I read through most of the posts to get an idea of whats going on. Here is somethings i was told. sorry for repeats. 70 amps is equal to 1,000 watts. car needs and 70 - 80 amps to run. That doesn't mean ALL those amps are from the alternator. That also isn't ALL the time. I was at an alternator shop and had them clamp my Singer 250 amp. clamped little over 220 amps out of it. They said the quality looks like it can do the 250 amps. I asked why it didnt do 250 ? because the load probably wasn;t big enough. i had the clamp at idle. 20 - 30 amps. the rest of the amps where coming out of the battery. The alternator will not make full output at 2,000 RPM unless there is a load that is asking for that much. Correct me if i am wrong someone.

thats right. the alt put out power as needed. Ie:. its not going to put out 200a all day whether or not the need is there.. so the only way is to LOAD test it. when a load is present what kinda numbers is it putting out..

whats confusing is the fact that ok it tested out well over rated, great. but why am i getting voltage drop like none other than? with 200a + and two xs power batts on only 2k.. I should see like NO DROP. but then again ive only been running it for a few days off/on. So maybe its just that one song that for some reason causes suuuuper voltage drop. the only thing i can think of is clipping.. which does cause mad drop, but the h/u in the dash is DD-1 using the -5 tone. So that should be safe for anything Decaf'd iirc..

where are you measuring the voltage at? If you are seeing the drop at the amp or rear accessory batteries then the issue may be wiring or ground.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Engine is 3800 v6. I've watched it run ... Seems good. When the guy revved it up this morning I was standing right there and I didn't hear or see anything like belt slip..

The measurements are at the amp. There is a.ground run from front battery to back battery. From.back battery to bare metal bolt in the trunk also. The amp obviously goes to battery neg. Up front the battery is grounded to sanded down strut tower bolt. The alternator mount aka engine block is grounded to the same strut bolt location. All stock wiring ground or otherwise has been retained.

The only thing I can think of:

Either the alt only puts out at higher rpms aka >2k. And im almost never above 2k when driving.

The amp is not pulling enough current to put a sufficient load on the alt.

My run of neg goes to back of the car .. it goes underneath. Maybe its exposed and touching something and causing a short. It's a neg run not a posi so idk if that's possible. And I just checked it briefly the other day when changing oil and it seemed in good shape.

Things ive noticed:

When driving today. I let songs pound full tilt. Most songs take me into mid 12s to 13s depending on the note etc.

On more than a few songs, with my foot off the gas rpms at about idle. The drop is as stated above. I pick up the revs to 2k and I get nearly the exact same results.. why? Maybe a tenth or two better..maybe

On songs that drop into the 11s same story. Pick up the revs maybe instead of 11.9 its 12.0, 12.2 but

Some songs full tilt. I never see below 13.5 the whole time..

Anything on the radio ie:. Non decaf I never drop below 13.5 but it is quieter obviously.

Idk Wtf to make of this information.. the alt takes over at anything below 12.8 right.. so anything in the 13s is all alt..

When drop into the 11s its because the alt is supplying all its power and the batts take the rest gradually dropping in voltage.. but why doesn't the alt like kick in... At 200a and then some I shouldn't see drop at all.

Maybe im not fully understanding but I just can't get why im dropping very badly on some. Some not at all. And there is no difference between idle and 2k .. while driving.

I'll be able to barrow a dc clamp in a few weeks to test more..

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

If you measure at the amp your gonna get that low because of the wire your using and the current required for the amp. Take the measurement at the batt if it stays around 14v then you need ofc cable and possibly dual inputs.

fyi there a big difference between idle and 2k rpm, most alts put out rated a 2k rpm not idle.

If there's only a negative run to the rear battery how are you getting power to it?

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Again I understand idle vs 2k. As I said above on some songs at idle I pull into the 11s same song at 2k = 11s still. Why

Also. The batts are in parrarllel obviously. Front bat runs to rear bat. Both pos and neg. From rear bat you have pos to the amp neg to the amp. Also from from the rear bat is the trunk ground neg to to trunk bolt bla bla. There's no other way to do it.

I have fuses after first bat and before the rear. And also before amp

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

200 as per spec..

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra