Head Unit Crossovers

Sorry for asking all the opinions guys i wish i could audition all of them myself but would have to travel over an hour in seperate directions to find dealers for them. Around here Alpine and Sony are king. I didnt see anything from sony that seemed to meet my needs and last experience with alpine was bad enough to keep me away from them

burpleranger do you like your X996 another member with one said he is getting rid of his for a 80prs because crossover doesnt work like it should

I was having an issue where the crossover settings would reset whenever the huh was turned off. But this weekend I found that there is a "save current settings" option :) no more issues now. They seem to work just fine as long as you have them setup.

And my main issue with the Pioneer stuff is the grounding problems some of there hu's have with the rcas, dunno bout the 80prs though.

The x996 is really nice and clean sounding. I earballed my gains with the hu at max volume, no noise, nice and clean crisp sound, no distortion that I can hear at all. I replaced an old Pioneer DEH-P7800MP hu with the x996. night and day difference just in quality of build, sound, and disk eject lol

Where does Burpleranger come from? My ranger is a 2004 Ford Ranger Edge, Sonic "Blue"

In a certain light it looks purple, but then it also looks blue. lol

Everyone's system is "the best" in "their own mind" (this includes me, even though i "know" its not)

the problem with the pioneer rca's is that they use a pico fuse for grounding. in order to connect or disconnect rca's on either the hu side or the amp side you have to disconnect the power to the hu also meaning that you will have to reset all your setting. of course though in most cases you would only need to plug/unplug the rca's when adding/changing amps and at those times you would want to make changes to the eq setting and network setting to adjust for the new equipment anyways.

since you are doing a sq build though i would suggest a cheaper hu and a sound processor, of course thats all dependent your budget and i dont know anything about the different processors or their prices/pro's/con's and what not.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

the problem with the pioneer rca's is that they use a pico fuse for grounding. in order to connect or disconnect rca's on either the hu side or the amp side you have to disconnect the power to the hu also meaning that you will have to reset all your setting. of course though in most cases you would only need to plug/unplug the rca's when adding/changing amps and at those times you would want to make changes to the eq setting and network setting to adjust for the new equipment anyways.

since you are doing a sq build though i would suggest a cheaper hu and a sound processor, of course thats all dependent your budget and i dont know anything about the different processors or their prices/pro's/con's and what not.

Not with the 80prs....you can disconnect the battery as many times as needed and the unit stores ALL settings in memory.....when you disconnect power then put it back on power all of your settings are still the same with no adjustments necessary. :)

that fixes the rca grounding isues for the pioneer if you ask me

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Unless you plan on competing, and with the equipment you have planned out for a clean simple, but effective sounding system ...

I do not see where you really need to go active setup at this time ... just saying

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Unless you plan on competing, and with the equipment you have planned out for a clean simple, but effective sounding system ...

I do not see where you really need to go active setup at this time ... just saying

also this... would still vote for 80PRS

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Archived