Sundown Audio

I currently have an SA 15 on an alpine PDX M12. It is a 1200 rms amp at 2 and 4 ohm. I just purchaed a used Rockford 1500bdcp. If I tune with DD-1, would I be able to run this setup without damaging the SA?? I know it is 3x its rated power, but ive seen these subs take more than that. The sub is a dual 4, so it wouldnt get full power of the constant power, but would still get over 1500.

2005 Chevy Colorado

Pioneer avic-x930bt

Alpine pdx-m12

Alpine pdx-f4

Focal is 165

Focal ic 165

Sundown SA 15 D4

Kicker 0/1 OFC power wire

Kicker 12 awg speaker wire

XS Power D2400

DC Power 270 H/O Alt

More and more of a trend lately has been everyone wanting to either run .5 ohms on their daily system, or guys wanting to throw a shit ton of power to a sub just because they think it's cool. Dude don't put more than 1000W at that sub if you want it to survive. Sure, some may be able to do it and NOT have problems, but its silly to be honest. You're NOT going to get more performance out a of asub designed to handle 600W by giving it 1000W. It's suspension and coil were designed to handle 600W, and at most 1000 clean Watts. You will not get any crazy gain by giving the sub the power you're wanting to.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I dont play full tilt often, but you think i should just hold off on installing the 1500??

2005 Chevy Colorado

Pioneer avic-x930bt

Alpine pdx-m12

Alpine pdx-f4

Focal is 165

Focal ic 165

Sundown SA 15 D4

Kicker 0/1 OFC power wire

Kicker 12 awg speaker wire

XS Power D2400

DC Power 270 H/O Alt

Sending 1500W to a sub designed to take 600W won't gain you anything noticeable by ear or on the meter hardly. It's a negligible difference to be honest. What you WILL notice however and become very familiar with, is the smell of Sundown coils when they get hot.

Edited by CleanSierra

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Your not going to really gain anything much besides a burnt coil eventually. Can it be done..yes..but daily for hours on end probably not...and who like to listen to music in short burps. Why dont you get another 15 and wire up the 1500...that would be a noticeable increase.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I think you would be better off getting a 2nd SA-15, and then using that amp to power both. I wouldn't use that much power on just one 1 SA-15, though if you still wanna run the sub on that much power, set the gains using the 40hz 0 db track just to be safe.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Or buy a sub that take 1500rms easily. There are some in the FS thread including mine and some DC's that can take all that power and not have a problem. No smelly coil.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.