Second Skin Audio

2 15kICKER CVR crx style box help

BeatNdown8o8

Ok so I was going to run 3 but I took some advice and dropped a sub..So Im going to run 2 15 kicker cvr's off my VFL 120.1 amp sub up port back...I don't wanta be spoon fed but I just wanta build this thing and be done..I got 39 inches max width,And like to do 22 inches deep(keeps the port 5inches away from hatch) and 20 inches high...Or I can go a little higher....Building it isnt the problem just getting the right port size and lenght...I would like the port to be in the middle or I would just use the re box calculator..This box is going in a 07 kia sportage by the way..Can anybody help me out with this box and get a cut sheet and sketch made up please Tunning around 30-33hz..I want this to be the last box and make it look good too!! ..Only reason Im asking is because my laptop is jacked and It won't let me download anything..Low memory it keeps sayn...Or I wouldnt even have bothered ya with another help build box topic..Sorry and thankyou

Ok so here is a suggestion:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 35.5 Hz

Vb = 6.8 ft^3

External Height = 20 in

External Width = 39 in

External Depth = 22 in

Port Width = 4 1/4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Top & Bottom = 39 x 22

Left & Right Sides = 20 1/2 x 18 1/2

2x Front = 17 3/8 x 18 1/2

Back = 39 x 18 1/2

Shared Port Internal Assembly Parts:

2 x Front to Back = 14 9/16 x 18 1/2

SUPB-noturmB.jpg

Set your subsonic filter to 30-32Hz and watch your gains if you are driving them at 1 ohm final load. Let me know any questions.

Isn't this a crx style box?

I was thinking of something like this.

8044113516_bf862b2830.jpg

Current System:

Clarion CZ702

Stock 5 channel amplifier

Infinity Reference 4022i 4"

GRS 6.5"

Audiopipe 1800.1

2 RE Audio SEX V2's In a 4th order ported though the armrest

2003 130 Amp Toyota Highlander alternator

i would do 6.5 cubes, 35hz tuning, 80-85sq in of port. (pretty much what joe X has), and i have used 2 cvr 15s a few years ago ported(style of CVR below)

KICKER-CVR-15-38CM-SUBWOOFER__14880488_0.jpg

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Isn't this a crx style box?

I was thinking of something like this.

8044113516_bf862b2830.jpg

I have changed the pic (same design) to the aimings of a classic crx box, and what you are showing is more like a burp box, quite a few done that way also (kind of impractical even if you like the looks), for music the subs up port back will work nicely.

Yup Those are the subs I have chevyboy.What was yours tuned at?...Thankyou so much for the box JoeX..Just what I wanted..I was going to go for a little lower tune.But this is cool.It should work great..I was also thinking about getting rid of the kickers and running 2 15 american bass XFL's soon(idk yet) and those will work in this box also..Pretty sure anyway.Think I read 3.5 per sub would be fine..Havent talked to Bob yet about it..Thanks again JoeX.I will let you know how it turns out.

Archived