Lower Drinking Age to 18 edited first post to state my argument

18 year olds tend to hand around 16 year olds 15 year olds etc. If you lower the drinkiung age you are going to see alot more underage alcohol related incidents. MY only exception ist hose in the military. IF you can die for your country you can have a beer.

This.

Studies have shown, those who use alcohol under 21 are also more likely to develop a chemical dependency, aka alcoholism.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

I have an easy solution. Raise the age for the military to 21.

Case closed. Everything is fair.

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

I have an easy solution. Raise the age for the military to 21.

Case closed. Everything is fair.

thats even better. I like that, you can train for the military but can't be deployed until your 21

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

All of the parties I drank at that I was irresponsible with my alcohol intake I was under 21, since I turned 21 I have learned to drink a lot more responsibly. I personally think that the drinking age is fine where it's at, but I do think that having a military ID should be a requirement for those 18-20.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

I'm 29, I have 4 kids. I started drinking at the age of 14. By the time I was 20 I was drink a gallon of vodka a night just to get to sleep. Long story short, a visit to the mental hospital and a very rocky road I found out I had severe sleep apnea and was self medicating with alcohol.

Whats the point of that story? Of course people are going to do it, but for some it has nothing to do with immaturity. I also dont know what your state laws are, but in Maryland you're legally allowed to give your kids alcohol at any age. In my experiance if you treat someone like an adult, they'll act like one. Dissapointing someone they look up to is a far worse punishment than being grounded.

Bottom line is, this all goes back to how we as a society have raised our kids. We're not treating them like adults anymore, there's no room for error, and no one wants to look out for each other anymore. When my dad was young drinking age for beer was 18 and liquor was 21. Then, if you got pulled over for a DUI, the cop knew your parents and would call them, and thats much worse than any jail time. Now a DUI can fuck up your life for YEARS. You didnt just have one parent, if someone saw you doing something stupid in public a stranger would call you out on it. We've become disconnected to other people, and more worried about lawsuits than lives.

If they would lower the drinking age, I would do every 2-3 years, you lower it by one year. Gradfather it in, let people get used to it. Theres always some people that will take it to the extreme, but you can say that about pretty much anything.

TLDR: Alcohol dependant turned into good father.

also if you look it up you could drink and purchase alcohol in louisiana at age 18 but since the state was loosing millions of dollars in federal funding because of it so they raised it up to 21 i wanna say this was like 10-15 yrs ago so at 1 point u could drink at 18 and if u go on a cruise soon as ur in international waters you can drink at age 16 i think just some info for your debate

if you dont own or drive a customized car/truck/suv you suck lol

Archived