Sonic Electronix

6th order design and tuning help

I'm thinking about doing a 6th order in my suburban for my four mayhems. I have no clue about them what so ever when it comes to size tuning or design. I have heard that they are larger in some cases than 4th orders and I'd like to keep this in the c pillar area. Is this possible? I want something that's a bassrace/demo machine and also had the ability to put up some pretty good burp numbers. Any advice and help would be appreciated.

LOUDEST PHUKN BURB N LA COUNTY!!!!

Team SoCal SPL

Team Sundown

Think of a 6th as 2 ported boxes, so instead of a sealed and a ported, you have 2 ported and ported boxes are bigger than sealed so they're usually bigger than a 4th. 6th's harder to design and get right.

E34 540iT/6

Get a design with ram designs or the box guy..

It will be epic!

Well worth since you want a sixth order enclosure, and don't know much about them.

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors

Theres a reason he doesnt do 6th orders is because they are alot harder than 4ths. Its 2 ported boxes and everything affects the other when it come to tuning and making size changes. Just did light reading on it yesterday and was amazed at by changing port length on one side it affects the tuning on the other also.

412cvx did one for a single 18 I think in a xterra or something on here. IDK for sure if it was 412 or not but I seem to remember seeing a build log with a single 18 and a 6th that takes up almost all the cargo room.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Yeah they are tough as hell. Hunter you know i got you man!!! I thought about hitting Scott up but i try not to bother him much. I'll see if i can find that build log. I've seen one done in a Astro van and it was massive.

LOUDEST PHUKN BURB N LA COUNTY!!!!

Team SoCal SPL

Team Sundown

Archived