2 positive runs OR 1 (+) and 1 (-)

D'Amore did a test in frame vs separate wire grounding. The frame won.

That's what I did on my car and it works great. So I'd suggest doing that. Since your Durango is build on a frame, I'd drill through the floor and use the frame as one giant ground bar.

That's what I did on my car and it works great. So I'd suggest doing that. Since your Durango is build on a frame, I'd drill through the floor and use the frame as one giant ground bar.

I saw that vid and Im still keeping my 3+ and 3- runs front to back but and about to do 2 runs from the alt to the rear batt bank and will probably add 3-4 runs from the bank to the frame, you can never have too much electrical

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

I'm a firm believer in doing isolated ground runs.

Plus you only have a 200 amp alt. no point in doing 2 runs of positive when 1 run can carry that amount of current.

Just make sure you use OFC wire (hides and waits for alpines reply) :peepwall:

lol i have bigger fish to fry!

re watch that vid and HEAR what is being said

it works best FOR THAT CAR on that LOW POWER

i have tested this in my cars many times and have had up to .5 more volts charging wiring a pos and neg from front to back .5 is a lot but i also run a lot more power i can't remeber the last time i used a small 1000 watt amp to power subs. so i run a pos and neg front to back and also ground to frame its the best way imo

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

I have 2 positive runs in my car right now. That's it. I put 1 run of negative in my car in addition to the chassis ground to test with and didn't notice a difference. I suppose the only way to know for OPs vehicle will be to test. 2 wires to the back is 2 wires to the back, all he would have to do it switch one of them from pos to neg or vice-versa, so it's not a huge challenge for him, fortunately haha.

thanks for the replies guys. i will be using 1/0 welding cable for this to match the 1/0 welding cable thats already in the car. also i already have 2 1/0 grounds going through the floor and bolted to the frame for my C&D batts in the rear.... so my rear grounds are pretty good. my front battery is also grounded to the fame for the big 3. i will most liikely do what SnowDrifter said and test to see which method works better and comparing the difference between the two.

2000 Dodge Durango

Subs - (2) SKAR VVX 15 D2's

Box - 7.2 ft^3 @ 33hz, 120 in of port

Sub amp - Digital Designs M2 @ .5 ohm

Mids + Highs - PRV Audio

Mids + Highs amp - Hifonics 2000.4

Headunit - Alpine CDE-100

Equalizer - Clarion EQS746

Batteries - Mopar group 27 + (2) C&D 52ah

Wiring - 1/0 BIG 3, (2) runs 1/0

Alternator - Singer 250A

147.79 dB @ 35hz - burp - sealed on dash