Kingsuv's Excursion. Final Chapter

Looking for one now. Found a few online in the 200 buck range. I want to keep it OEM and not lose the airbag. It's one thing if I take it out and something happens when I'm driving it, would be a whole lot of guilt if something happened while the wife was driving it.

There is a local recycle yard that has a good amount of stock. Might see if they have anything in good shape before I chunk down for a new one.

Just take it off and Dye it black. Unhook the battery when taking the air bag off tho...Heard some horror stories of people taking bags off and setting them off :P lol

Remember in my 1st post where I said if I didn't like how something was turning out I would redo it till it was right? Well who knew it would be this early in the build ;)

The color laid right in the first round, but I fuxored the clear like a boss. So I wetsanded it down and went to start over. Little did I know that once the color had set for 24 hours and additional color layers wouldn't adhere right. So down to primer it went. Then a coat or new primer. then a sand to 600 then color. Laid the color much better this time and just finished 1st layer of clear with much better results. I wasn't laying the clear down wet enough so it was creating orange peel. This time she is nice and wet. Giggity

Since it was worth all the trouble to redo, it's worth taking pictures of the process. if ya don't like it too bad :P

001-4.jpg

004-4.jpg

006-3.jpg

001-5.jpg

002-5.jpg

Glad you got it figured out, I was thinking you laid the clear down too thick.

When you lay down color wait about 15 mins between coats. You have up to around 8ish ours to start your clear coat. Your first of clear, hold the gun back about a foot and half and just lay down a LIGHT coat. Let it sit for around 25-30 mins...let it get nice and tacky. Then you can lay down your next coat. This time around a foot from the pieces and a little heavier...Let sit for like 20 mins. Then lay down your 3rd coat. This will be your final so lay it down heavy. But not too heavy....enough to make it look slick

Looking for one now. Found a few online in the 200 buck range. I want to keep it OEM and not lose the airbag. It's one thing if I take it out and something happens when I'm driving it, would be a whole lot of guilt if something happened while the wife was driving it.

There is a local recycle yard that has a good amount of stock. Might see if they have anything in good shape before I chunk down for a new one.

Just take it off and Dye it black. Unhook the battery when taking the air bag off tho...Heard some horror stories of people taking bags off and setting them off :P lol

I would if it wasn't almost 13 years old and worn out. And I hear ya about the airbag. Pulled out the old manual for the step by step on them. Both make you put yer head right next to it to remove.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Uhhhh wow they must be doing something horrible then.... I take airbags out all day long everyday and have never EVER had one go off!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

I would if it wasn't almost 13 years old and worn out. And I hear ya about the airbag. Pulled out the old manual for the step by step on them. Both make you put yer head right next to it to remove.

Ohhh, its not in good shape. Do something crazy with a basket and put the air bag back in. I have faith in you :)

Uhhhh wow they must be doing something horrible then.... I take airbags out all day long everyday and have never EVER had one go off!

Same here, well not every day all day. But Ive done plenty.

now I also set them off purposely! lots of fun surprising co workers at 6 am that way :D

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Glad you got it figured out, I was thinking you laid the clear down too thick.

When you lay down color wait about 15 mins between coats. You have up to around 8ish ours to start your clear coat. Your first of clear, hold the gun back about a foot and half and just lay down a LIGHT coat. Let it sit for around 25-30 mins...let it get nice and tacky. Then you can lay down your next coat. This time around a foot from the pieces and a little heavier...Let sit for like 20 mins. Then lay down your 3rd coat. This will be your final so lay it down heavy. But not too heavy....enough to make it look slick

It also helps to NOT add reducer in with the clear like the guy at the paint shop had me do ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived