Kingsuv's Excursion. Final Chapter

I wasn't sure if I wanted to do a build log or not. I'm still not 100% sure I will keep up on this as this will be a lengthy build.

It's also not some monster spl build either. So it might be a little boring for some of ya. This is the final chapter on what was to be built about 5 years ago. Back then I had a few things that came up and pushed the truck off, as well as a few financial blows that almost had me walk away from this hobby all together. Looking back on those years, while sucked, gave me a chance to improve on my building skills quite a bit.So I guess it was a good thing it took me this long to give this truck some love.

My only plan for the truck is to build. I don't have much gear. No amps, speakers or subs picked out. I've collected a few small things I felt were important along the way. Now this might seam weird to some of you. Why build something without gear? how does someone plan a system without any gear? Well, for me,it's about the work that goes into it. I honestly wouldn't care if this thing never made a sound. I'm interested to showcase my craftsmanship.I want to take the time to explore every detail that makes up for a killer install. So really, the gear doesn't matter.

This build is going to take some time. For one, there is only one income in our household right now, so money is tight. Second reason is, some of these things might take a few times to get right. If I do something that looks cool, then a week later rip it out to improve on it, so be it. So this build log might not be interesting for you. There will be no shortage of detail pics of every step along the way. If ya don't see an update, it's either cause I'm working on something challenging, or I'm waiting on funds to pick up new materials.

The layout will be something like this: 3 way front stage with 1 tweeter, 6" and 8" sub. Much like the doors are on the 250. Sub box will be for 16 - 12's and enough room for amps to power them. 4 big amps, 8 medium, hell 16 small. Who knows? Battery wise, I am looking at XS Power as Scottie took real good care of me when I ordered the 10 3100's for the truck the first time. I still have a few, but had to sell a bulk of them to feed the family. I'm looking at smaller cases to fit where I need them. maybe a 5100ish design. The deck and Processor is of course Alpine. I'v always had great luck with them, so why change. I got a w900 in trade and whole it's not the w910 with the optical, it will work till I can upgrade to the right one.

Ram over at Audio Savings gave me a great price on the PXA H800 with controller. I can't thank him enough. I still have a few other Alpine add on's that I will also add into the build, Some of it is useful others will be just cause stuff because it was too cool back in the day to sell off. I sold off a large chunk of my old Alpine gear, but a few things are more cool then worth to sell. The interior i am switching out to black. All of it. Black on black. I had a hard time deciding what I wanted to do color wise. I didn't want to do what was hot now, just to have it dated before I could even finish the build. Black is classic. It never goes out of style. While not as flashy to the eye, it make me be more creative in the details to give everything that pop for an install.

I'm going to start this build off with a little old pics. I wanted to make sure I said thank you to ( back then )Ant and Jon for their support when I purchased my deading products. They took good care of me then, and have continued to be supportive in projects I have done for others. It's only fair to make sure their product get love in the build. I will continue to use their products every chance I get. Customer service isn't something you see with many companies these days. These guys get it. And for that, they get my support.

I started off with 3 Shop packs of Damp Pro. Don't mind the bucket, it was for someone else. The truck has about every square inch covered. Some places are 2 layers. The doors were a spot where I wanted extreme coverage. Inside of the door skin, with a 2nd layer in the open parts. Then the inner door supports. The doors are solid. Couple sopts on the roof were doubled up. The rest is mostly single layer. Even with all that, I'm still short about a Bulk Pack or so. I also have 10 sheets of Luxury Liner Pro. Enough to cover the whole floor and the doors. I used the sheets for the doors in the 250, and they are a little thick for the panels. When money permits, I think some sheets of Overkill Pro would work better.

006-1.jpg

044-1.jpg

046.jpg

039-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

053.jpg

001-7.jpg

002-7.jpg

006-7.jpg

008-7.jpg

This weekend instead of attending either of the State finals, I decided to work on the truck instead. Past couple weeks I have worked on molding a double din into a 1.5 din in the truck. They make a cheesy kit to convert it, but it's just that, cheesy.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I started off with cutting out enough of the dash to make sure I got the deck in where I wanted it. Most other conversions were a flush mounted deck flat to the dash. I never really cared for the look myself. I wanted it to look like it might of came from the factory this way.

IMG-20120715-00649.jpg

IMG-20120715-00648.jpg

Then I took a radio Bezel from I found on ebay. I think it was from an Eagle Talon. LOL

I set it in with some CA glue to hold it. after a little sanding, It started to look like it would work.

IMG-20120715-00650.jpg

IMG-20120715-00652.jpg

IMG-20120715-00653.jpg

Next I took some 2 part expoxy to fill the gaps and fill in the back for support.

IMG-20120715-00659.jpg

Little sanding and she was looking good.

IMG-20120715-00660.jpg

Next was to find the center for the cage.

IMG-20120826-00757.jpg

Once the cage was secure, I went aheadand glued on the trim piece.

IMG-20120826-00761.jpg

After some more 2 part, and some sanding, it finally has some shape.

IMG-20120826-00767.jpg

IMG-20120826-00768.jpg

Yesterday, I pulled the whole dash. Ask anyone who has done it. It in no fun. Now that I have had my coffee, it's time to get out there and finish it up. pics tonight when it's done.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I'm tuned in because I know you're capable of great work

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

:woot: I love the cleanliness of your work :good:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

People reading this: Bust out a note pad, 'cause class is in session. Looking good Bill.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

Archived