Second Skin Audio

needing help with port

KenC210

You dont have to have a divider but it ok if you want it. Other than that, just use the back wall as the port walls and your port width will need to stay the same, so if its two inches per side, make sure its two inches from the back wall on each side. To do the 45 in sketchup with a divider is a bit more involved.I would post pics of how to do it but i have to leave for work in a few. Basically make a square in the back corner of the port and divide it into two triangles then remove the inner triangle and then 45 the port wall using the wood thickness as a guide.

edit:

the divider should run all the way to the back wall also.

He doesnt have a divider. the lines are in the center of the port which is where it is measured from to get a equal measurement around the port bend.

edit: on sketch up there is a tool that measures the length of lines, so he has used the lines to make it easier/ have a visual to look at

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

He doesnt have a divider. the lines are in the center of the port which is where it is measured from to get a equal measurement around the port bend.

edit: on sketch up there is a tool that measures the length of lines, so he has used the lines to make it easier/ have a visual to look at

I must be a half awake still. Swore i saw a divider. Diregard the part about the divider. Other than that just cut the port width in half when it splits in the back.

I must be a half awake still. Swore i saw a divider. Diregard the part about the divider. Other than that just cut the port width in half when it splits in the back.

i thought the port was meant to be the same width all the way around?

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

yeah like that, You dont 'need' them on the port wall. The one that you drew is important to have so that the two forces for each side fire out the port instead of hitting each other and canceling.

Like this:

portlength_zps4e10b1af.jpg

Notice the lateral ducts are half width the center one, if you are placing a deflector in the center of the back wall usually is not necessary to adjust the length as you show above.

Archived