Premium and regular gas?

I don't think premium gas makes a difference as far as mileage. As far as I understand it, premium gas is able to withstand detonation in engines with higher compression ratios, and thats the only real benefit. If there is a mileage difference, it's probably negligable. This was at least my knowledge from a few years ago, maybe things have changed...

My advice would be to get the car you like more. Gas is gonna be expensive these days regardless.

This guy has the idea. A few parts per million octane really means nothing as far as total energy content per gallon. It's just how easy it detonates. Cars these days usually can detect detonation or retardation and compensate it. So if you put the good stuff in a normal engine it's simply gonna compensate and be exactly the same as the lower octane. Don't sweat it, just go with the recomended fuel.

2015 Subaru Outback. That is all, I refuse to touch it.

If you're getting a car with a performance engine (like you said between a Si, Evo X and Eclipse) I'd run premium, OR regular as long as it doesn't have Ethanol. There's lots to say about gasoline made with ethanol but the short end of the stick is, unless your engine was designed to run ethanol, it can be harmful to it. Ethanol has a bad quality: It's hydrous (meaning it draws in or contains water) and water and engines don't mix. I spent a few years experimenting with ethanol gas on my cars and my snowmobiles and I blew two sled engines and replaced fuel systems on my cars.

I know that's probably not a concern of yours but I just though I'd share my thoughts.

Just buy from Shell, they don't have any ethanol in any of their fuel grades.

Must be the Shell you go to then cause the ones around here? "May contain up to 10% Ethanol". That's everywhere... 7-11, Safeway, Shell, Valero, Conoco, etc etc...

edit: in fact, I looked it up about 2 weeks ago. The average gas station contains 7-10% ethanol, as to which modern engines (1991 and newer) can run up to 15% with no problems. Congress is trying to pass a bill making gas have like 13%, as to which automakers are trying to fight it since although they can run 15%, it is more harmful than 0%. So your Shell has no ethanol? Must be nice... cause everywhere I go, I literally see those stickers "May contain up to 10% Ethanol"

Sheena = pedobear

I would use the gas that the engine makers actually ask for. Higher performance requires higher octane

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Just run what the car requires, if it says Premium optional just run the low grade. My 99 Caddy says to use Premium which I used to do then the good folks at CadillacForums told me that was not needed unless I planned on taking it to the track, said to just run 87 and have been and its perfectly fine; not to mention gas in Cali is damn near $5/gal right now :(

Read this site too, I only use Shell or Chevron, mainly Chevron now http://www.toptiergas.com/

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

I have a 99 Civic Lx and it only costs me $35 at the most to fill the tank. Doing just in town driving, I get around 230 miles per tank. Thats with my idiotic driving hahaha.

1999 Honda Civic- RIP

2003 Acura RSX Type-S

My car is roughly $40-53+ depending if I fill up at 1/4 or at E. If I drive it down to E, I normally get about 380-400 miles out of my tank, premium gas.

My Explorer costed roughly the same on regular, and I got only about 310 miles out of it at the max.

which car do you have?

06 MINI Cooper S

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Depends on compression rate and boost pressure also. systems are getting better indeed, but I wouldn't be relying on that too much.

In Europe 95 is the least octane available (well as far as I've seen at least).

Woofer: 12" Phase Linear Aliante Limited

Mids & highs: DLS Ultimate 5 1/4"

Amp: Audison VRX 6.420

HU: Sony CDX-C90R

Archived