tuning suggestion... theory...

DFWxB

With a horrible box... undersized and tuned to 45hz.... i hit a 147.8 with 2 jl 12w6v2's on a 1000/1 @ 58hz.... box was only 1.18 net per sub... slot port with nothing rounded... sub back port back in a scion xb... so im gonna build a sub up port up box... tune closer and use all the tricks i know to try and break 150's...

So with that being said in my vehicle... i should tune exactly to the resonant frequency or 2-3 hz lower etc...

Yes.

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

So with that being said in my vehicle... i should tune exactly to the resonant frequency or 2-3 hz lower etc...

not all setup will react the sameto different changes. just becuase one persons build would always peak at 55 hz no mater their tuning doesnt mean you will have a similar result.

i have had 4 different boxes all with different tuning. prefab boxes tuned to 38 hz would peak at 51 hz while the 2 boxes i built myself 1 tuned to 41hz and 1 tuned to 43hz would peak at 46hz. had the box that was tuned at 43hz both facing back and up and peak was the same both ways. fyi its a 03 focus hatch back

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

even though your car is the same as other who have tested for resonant freq doesnt mean it will be the same for every one of those cars. seat position and stuff like that along with sound deadener and how heavy/tall or overall how big the driver of the car is while testing for the resonant freq can change the outcome slightly.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

no mater what IN THAT TRUCK peak was 55 when my tunning got closer to 55 my spl when up best spl was tunned at 55

not all setup will react the sameto different changes. just becuase one persons build would always peak at 55 hz no mater their tuning doesnt mean you will have a similar result.

i have had 4 different boxes all with different tuning. prefab boxes tuned to 38 hz would peak at 51 hz while the 2 boxes i built myself 1 tuned to 41hz and 1 tuned to 43hz would peak at 46hz. had the box that was tuned at 43hz both facing back and up and peak was the same both ways. fyi its a 03 focus hatch back

and is why my comment in BOLD said in that truck meaning other cars will not be the same

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Yeah I know, im just trying to make sure open understands that his might change some so a box with an adjustable or changeable port might be good for testing reasons.

I would make a box with a round port and try tuning it everywhere between 45-55hz and put it on a termlab each time to see if it changes and what gives the biggest change. Then build a box to that tuning the way you want it then try other tricks to gain on the meter

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

that´s why i love external aeros so much, you can just tune low as hell and start cutting that thing down until the score starts dropping on the meter, not the most accurated or best way to build but it´s way easier for a rookie :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived