TheMonolith2001 Posted October 15, 2012 Report Posted October 15, 2012 Sorry if this has been posted before (as it seems like it would be a pretty common question) but I have honestly been searching for the answer for days now and can't seem to find the answer. I have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee (XJ not Grand Cherokee) which apparently has a 1.5 DIN radio slot. When I bought it there was already a single DIN kit installed with a junky radio that I have replaced with the pioneer deh80prs. What I'm trying to do is mount both my single DIN radio and the half DIN epicenter in dash into the slot. Some people have suggested buying a mounting kit with a pocket and cutting it but I can't seem to find one for my vehicle. Does anyone know of one or maybe a kit that everything will go right into? Any other ideas? Head Unit http://www.crutchfield.com/S-O8hxbGwL6W8/p_13080PRS/Pioneer-DEH-80PRS.html Epicenter In Dash http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Q78M8sjXNlP/p_161EPICEID/AudioControls-The-Epicenter-InDash.html This guy has done what I'm trying to do but doesn't really explain how. Different radio and its an eq but same size stuff. http://www.wb2jte.freeservers.com/xj.htm Here is the picture http://wb2jte.freeservers.com/P1130002.jpg Thanks for looking!
Jskiles Posted October 15, 2012 Report Posted October 15, 2012 http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=360481761791&cmd=VIDESC 2010 Kia Forte Koup (Slow Build) 2 Sundown SCV-3000D 2 DC XL M1 with PSI reconesFocal R-165s2 on Orion 4800-HPKenwood KDC-X798Knukonceptz OFC 1/0Audiotechnix,Fatmat and Q-mat Deadener XS power D3400 up front 3 D3100s power in trunkStock 110 amp alt 2013 Scion TC 2 Dc lvl 3s with xl coils on Soundqubed 2200 Sundown components AA 50.2 for components Pioneer FH-X700BT Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 Fatmat and Q-mat Deadener XS Power D3100 up front D925 in back Mechman 240 alt http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/189911-2013-scion-tc-build/ <Scion TC Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174094-jskiles-forte-koup/ <Slow Kia Forte Buildhttp://www.stevemead...ockUserAgent__1 < Old build 2005 Equinox
TheMonolith2001 Posted October 15, 2012 Author Report Posted October 15, 2012 wow that was fast! So I guess what I have to do is cut off the bottom of the pocket and then make holes in the sides of the pocket for the screws right? It kind of looks like the pocket isnt wide enough for the epicenter though so I might have to do more than that. Maybe cut the whole pocket off and use some metal plates to attach the epicenter to the headunit?
Jskiles Posted October 15, 2012 Report Posted October 15, 2012 That was the first link I found I'll try to find more. Most likely your have to mod whichever one you buy. 2010 Kia Forte Koup (Slow Build) 2 Sundown SCV-3000D 2 DC XL M1 with PSI reconesFocal R-165s2 on Orion 4800-HPKenwood KDC-X798Knukonceptz OFC 1/0Audiotechnix,Fatmat and Q-mat Deadener XS power D3400 up front 3 D3100s power in trunkStock 110 amp alt 2013 Scion TC 2 Dc lvl 3s with xl coils on Soundqubed 2200 Sundown components AA 50.2 for components Pioneer FH-X700BT Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 Fatmat and Q-mat Deadener XS Power D3100 up front D925 in back Mechman 240 alt http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/189911-2013-scion-tc-build/ <Scion TC Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174094-jskiles-forte-koup/ <Slow Kia Forte Buildhttp://www.stevemead...ockUserAgent__1 < Old build 2005 Equinox
TheMonolith2001 Posted October 15, 2012 Author Report Posted October 15, 2012 So I did a little more research on the epicenter and I'm starting to wonder if I even want this thing. The reason I was interested in one was because it seems to be a db meter, line driver, and bass booster in one. I figured the db meter would be pretty cool to have (already have volt meter), the line driver was something I was planning on getting anyway, and the bass boost was just kind of a goofy feature I could play around with but probably have off most of the time. At first I thought It would make something like a Decaf mix on the fly but now I'm reading its pretty much useless for anything that has bass already. Someone else also said that it is in fact not a line driver (the specs page claims it has 9.5v out though, so is this guy wrong?) and others are claiming that even when turned off it messes with the sound (lowers it and has a subsonic filter effect) and I'm thinking it wont be acting like a line driver if it is one while its off as well. I'm going to be using a Fi 18 Q tuned to 28hz so I was pretty excited to be able to lower everything every once in awhile to places most people cant go but it doesn't seem like this box acts as I originally thought. I thought I would be making low bass lower but I guess that's not what it does. I'm even debating the line driver as my HU already does 5v. Think I should just stick an EQ in there instead?
aN-i-No Posted October 15, 2012 Report Posted October 15, 2012 You have a DEH-80PRS right? What doesn't it do that makes you want to add something else to the system? It has 16 band eq's for left and right, so you don't need an external EQ?
TheMonolith2001 Posted October 15, 2012 Author Report Posted October 15, 2012 Yeah that's true. I'll probably just leave it the way it is then with just the radio. One of the main reasons I bought this HU was to have an actual EQ and not a basic 3 band one. I guess I was just looking for an excuse to stick something in there. Good news though, less money I have to spend and simplifies the installation a lot.
revoracing247 Posted October 15, 2012 Report Posted October 15, 2012 i know you're not buying it anymore but idk how much i'd trust the db meter on that thing. there's a reason term lab had to specially design it's mic... ~ If it was easy, everybody would be doing it ~
TheMonolith2001 Posted October 16, 2012 Author Report Posted October 16, 2012 Yeah I mean it was more for a general idea anyway. I've heard varying opinions on it, some say its accurate within 2-3db some say 5-6db.
n8ball2013 Posted October 16, 2012 Report Posted October 16, 2012 its not very accurate. ive got one. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.