zanekeimigdesigns Posted October 15, 2012 Report Posted October 15, 2012 Hey guys I am upgrading my door speakers in my 05 vette. The factory uses a ten inch mid bass driver in the doors.... I dont really know what to put back in it. 600-700 is my budget on the component set. I dont live anywhere near a place to get to listen to some high quality components... I would like something pretty kick ass. thanks for any input.
SnowDrifter Posted October 15, 2012 Report Posted October 15, 2012 10" neo pros for the mid and a crescendo supertweeter? ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Keith77 Posted October 15, 2012 Report Posted October 15, 2012 http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.aspx?itemid=116783 Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born. My penis is bigger than your penis I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.
Keith77 Posted October 15, 2012 Report Posted October 15, 2012 From the quick search I did if you replace the door speakers you will have to un an aftermarket amp. The 10in drivers have their own amp connected to the each driver. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2610437-bose-10-door-speaker-relacement.html What I would do is replace with a good set of 6.5in components and get a small amp to power them. http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.aspx?itemid=120465 Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born. My penis is bigger than your penis I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.
Omega5002 Posted October 15, 2012 Report Posted October 15, 2012 Since you have the advantage of being able to fit a huge midbass one your door, it's in your price range, and I've heard great things about CDT, this is a 2 way compoent with an 8' midbass, and 2' tweeter. Though since you have a corvette, you may wanna consider running active with a good 4 channel amp. http://cdtstore.com/hd_series/hd_82.htm 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Sonic Posted October 15, 2012 Report Posted October 15, 2012 Put in one of these and never look back http://www.woofersetc.com/c-41-3-way.aspx?manufacturerid=29
Omega5002 Posted October 15, 2012 Report Posted October 15, 2012 Put in one of these and never look back http://www.wooferset...nufacturerid=29 Those are out of his budget 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Keith77 Posted October 15, 2012 Report Posted October 15, 2012 Since you have the advantage of being able to fit a huge midbass one your door, it's in your price range, and I've heard great things about CDT, this is a 2 way compoent with an 8' midbass, and 2' tweeter. Though since you have a corvette, you may wanna consider running active with a good 4 channel amp. http://cdtstore.com/...eries/hd_82.htm I like this idea as well but you would still need a amp to power them Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born. My penis is bigger than your penis I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.
zanekeimigdesigns Posted October 15, 2012 Author Report Posted October 15, 2012 Amp is not a problem, the 600-700 is for the components themselves I plan on running an amp for the door speakers.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.