Second Skin Audio

$2,000 sub???

revoracing247

in the video explaining their stuff they mentioned their tweeter's cones are made of irredium or some precious rare metal cause it had better properties then everything else. (btw it's more precious then gold)

and if thats not a precious metal and it's actually a radio active material then sorry i watched a lot of videos on the "nuclear boyscout" last night.

i guess they're just like the NASA of audio then? ie price is no object, just find the best materials for the job.

Beryllium

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beryllium

ahh my bad :P i knew it had an "ium" in it.

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

in the video explaining their stuff they mentioned their tweeter's cones are made of irredium or some precious rare metal cause it had better properties then everything else. (btw it's more precious then gold)

and if thats not a precious metal and it's actually a radio active material then sorry i watched a lot of videos on the "nuclear boyscout" last night.

i guess they're just like the NASA of audio then? ie price is no object, just find the best materials for the job.

Yeah that I agree with, since when money is no object, that allows the best to be made to those who can afford it. Focal is a good example, because they sell high home loudspeaker along car audio, for those looking for the best in the home audio world. I say that sub is chump change because the Focal Grande Utopia EM is $180,000.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Yeah that I agree with, since when money is no object, that allows the best to be made to those who can afford it. Focal is a good example, because they sell high home loudspeaker along car audio, for those looking for the best in the home audio world. I say that sub is chump change because the Focal Grande Utopia EM is $180,000.

i feel like if you have that money to spend on it then you're probly not an audio finatic then. like youd be into other things and you'd buy them just cause they are the best SQ speakers you can buy.

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

i feel like if you have that money to spend on it then you're probly not an audio finatic then. like youd be into other things and you'd buy them just cause they are the best SQ speakers you can buy.

If I had $180k to spend, I'd buy a house. Would rather build my own speakers then pay that much but that's just me.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

If I had $180k to spend, I'd buy a house. Would rather build my own speakers then pay that much but that's just me.

exactly. if you had that kind of money to spend on it, then chances are you also have gold leafed toilet paper.

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

I think some of you are kind of exaggerating the price. Yeah it's a lot but it doesn't mean you have to wipe your ass with gold to afford it. Some people buy jetskis or atvs to ride as a hobby. Those can sure cost more than 2k especially with gas. Think of it like that and $2k seems relatively cheap.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

I was just saying for the 180K home speakers.

But the thing is, its $2k for just the sub. Itd be like buying a $4k set of rims for my bike. its just kind of ridiculous for me buy something that expensive for my crf and itd just get nutty to make a whole bike out of parts like that.

edit: im just saying its a little expensive for the common guy.

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Also, you guys need to realize, IT IS FUCKING CRUTCHFIELD. I have never seen a item on crutchfield, for anything under MSRP pricing, which in some cases, the dealer itself will sell lower than MSRP. Bottom line, crutchfield sucks and overprices everything, regardless.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm