Hey guys, I have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 and need help on differentials. I'm not real sure on how exactly everything is with them? I just know that I want to get in to offroading a little bit more and someone told me I need lockers and wasn't wondering what would be a fairly priced setup. Also, I would like to be able to smoke both rear tires! Not just one hahaha. ?

Sorry for the long post,

Colby

2001 Dodge Ram

Kenwood Deck

Pioneer speakers

I better start saving, system is gonna come first, if nothing else could I just do the back with one of the Detroit automatic lockers? I wanna be able to atleast smoke both back tires, also y truck is a stick? Don't know if that helps? Lol

2001 Dodge Ram

Kenwood Deck

Pioneer speakers

Is this a daily driven truck? You cannot put a spool on a daily driver. What do you have in their now? Is it open or limited slip? You need to ask yourself how much you will really go offroading. I have seen jeeps with limited slips and even open diffs do some pretty cool stuff. It's more driver skill. I would first invest in a lift and tires.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

ARB makes a good air locker don't they?

The best, but you're gonna pay for it.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Is this a daily driven truck? You cannot put a spool on a daily driver.

Really?

Elaborate..

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

It's a daily driver. It has a leveling kit, 3" suspension lift, and 35"s. also I think it has limited slip differentials. But also is it possible or mechanically safe to just replace the back differential? Like I said main goal is to be able to spin both tires equally. I plan on doing a lot of horsepower upgrades.

2001 Dodge Ram

Kenwood Deck

Pioneer speakers

Archived