Second Skin Audio

18" Subs That Can Handle Over 6000watts RMS

SMD's or DC lvl 6's. As for the power people are talking about giving a sub on music.Think about that for a sec, how often in that 3 min song do you think your actually giving that sub whatever power your claiming? I hear people and I'm guilty of it myself, saying their running 3-5k to one sub all day long. BS that's not even possible on music. Your giving it burst of that on certain notes and less on others. That's why most people can say they have done it.Let's see you play your peak frequency on that same setup at full tilt for 3 mins. Bet it wont last if the subs arent rated near the power your giving them. I clamped 8100 to a pair of BTL's and PSI P3's and both started getting smelly after about 45 secs full tilt. If your like me and wanting to play music full tilt giving a sub 6000rms its either SMD's, Lvl 6's, or those SP Audio subs but their 15's.I only throw the Sp Audio subs in there because they have been tested doing exactly what your trying to do.They have tried purposely to break those subs just so they will know where to make it stronger. The SP4's are 4inch coils and probably could take a ton of power but I haven't seen anybody running more than a 3.5k to them.

2 guys on my team are running 2 sp4 18s one clamping 11k the other 12k thats clamped and ot their peak spl number it does go up and down on music all numbers i use are tested i dont go by what i think or hope thease are facts

american bass 1100.1 2 hertz hdp4 m&h amps hertz xls audison voice mids and highs 4 fi hybrid subs 1 xs power g31 batt and 6 banks of maxwell caps big 3 mechman 270 singer 350 and another singer 300 amp alts 7 runs of 4/0 TEAM bass drop meca s4 2011 153.7 db at headrest 4 15s

Though there is that factor of musical dynamics as well, just cause you feed a sub 6k doesn't mean it's going to use 6k all the time, if you're playing Metallica your sub is not gonna use all the power, unless you boost the song or something.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Well when DB Don was testing the SMDv1 he gave it 7k for over an hour non stop and it didn't fail. He pushed the living shit out of that woofer and he said it didn't even get that hot. I can only imagine what the SMDv2 will be like I've talked to Scott about it in very little detail I.e rms rating and motor structure just little things but that was months ago.

Going back to the sp4 I said it was like a FI Q in roids because when I talked to Scott about the sp4 he pretty much told me that, but I'm not going to quote him on that. Scott is a great guy and he won't admit to who he oems for but we all know that he makes the xsv2. I will tell you this though the xsv2 is built to X-fires liking. From what I've heard crossfire gave Scott a list of qualities they wanted in a woofer and Scott did what they said.

As far as the sp4 I know jg23 put 2 aq3500s to 1 18 inch sp4 I don't know if he's posted on here though.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

SMD's or DC lvl 6's. As for the power people are talking about giving a sub on music.Think about that for a sec, how often in that 3 min song do you think your actually giving that sub whatever power your claiming? I hear people and I'm guilty of it myself, saying their running 3-5k to one sub all day long. BS that's not even possible on music. Your giving it burst of that on certain notes and less on others. That's why most people can say they have done it.Let's see you play your peak frequency on that same setup at full tilt for 3 mins. Bet it wont last if the subs arent rated near the power your giving them. I clamped 8100 to a pair of BTL's and PSI P3's and both started getting smelly after about 45 secs full tilt. If your like me and wanting to play music full tilt giving a sub 6000rms its either SMD's, Lvl 6's, or those SP Audio subs but their 15's.I only throw the Sp Audio subs in there because they have been tested doing exactly what your trying to do.They have tried purposely to break those subs just so they will know where to make it stronger. The SP4's are 4inch coils and probably could take a ton of power but I haven't seen anybody running more than a 3.5k to them.

2 guys on my team are running 2 sp4 18s one clamping 11k the other 12k thats clamped and ot their peak spl number it does go up and down on music all numbers i use are tested i dont go by what i think or hope thease are facts

There you go someone known for running around 6k per SP4. For how long are they playing and do the subs even get hot?

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

There you go someone known for running around 6k per SP4. For how long are they playing and do the subs even get hot?

they get a lil warm after a while but i havent seen a sub that doesent at that power they got a lil smelly at first but all subs do while breaking in the subs have been in for 6 months so far in the 11k setup still pounding away and been testing for meca p&p so thats 30 seconds a shot and demos the subz cool down quick and havent gotten too hot that we had to worry about them

american bass 1100.1 2 hertz hdp4 m&h amps hertz xls audison voice mids and highs 4 fi hybrid subs 1 xs power g31 batt and 6 banks of maxwell caps big 3 mechman 270 singer 350 and another singer 300 amp alts 7 runs of 4/0 TEAM bass drop meca s4 2011 153.7 db at headrest 4 15s

And with that I will add the SP4 to my list. So DC Lvl 6's, SMD's, SP Audio SPX15(I know not 18's but they handle the power) and the SP4 and XS-V2's since their basically the same subs. That's a pretty good list I think of subs that should take 6k clamped at peak on music for extended periods. Now rated at 6k you only got the SPX15.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Well when DB Don was testing the SMDv1 he gave it 7k for over an hour non stop and it didn't fail. He pushed the living shit out of that woofer and he said it didn't even get that hot. I can only imagine what the SMDv2 will be like I've talked to Scott about it in very little detail I.e rms rating and motor structure just little things but that was months ago.

Going back to the sp4 I said it was like a FI Q in roids because when I talked to Scott about the sp4 he pretty much told me that, but I'm not going to quote him on that. Scott is a great guy and he won't admit to who he oems for but we all know that he makes the xsv2. I will tell you this though the xsv2 is built to X-fires liking. From what I've heard crossfire gave Scott a list of qualities they wanted in a woofer and Scott did what they said.

As far as the sp4 I know jg23 put 2 aq3500s to 1 18 inch sp4 I don't know if he's posted on here though.

hes clamping 11k

hes clamping 11k

Thanks for that info bro. You know jg23

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

And with that I will add the SP4 to my list. So DC Lvl 6's, SMD's, SP Audio SPX15(I know not 18's but they handle the power) and the SP4 and XS-V2's since their basically the same subs. That's a pretty good list I think of subs that should take 6k clamped at peak on music for extended periods. Now rated at 6k you only got the SPX15.

Sp4 and xsv2 are not the same. They may look the same on the outside but the mechanics of the subs are very different. Both have completely different purposes...

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Archived