Second Skin Audio

18" Subs That Can Handle Over 6000watts RMS

I'm thinking about upgrading my subs and adding some amps to my setup. Thinking about one Rockford Fosgate T2500 to each voice coil. I know the older AA SMD subs can handle that sort of power and the V2 have been teased to be even stronger. Hopefully the V2 sounds just as good as the original SMD does on music. These will be in my daily driver and I like to listen to all sorts of music, not just 38hz tones. Then theres the DD Z series subs. Great SPL sub, from what I've read, but not great sounding on music. Are there any other subs out there that could handle that that sort of wattage without burning up? And will they sound good on music? Not trying to be a vs. thread, just would like to know if there are more options for me out there and what they are.

Thanks.

I WILL BE RUNNING 2 18S! NOT ONE TWO ONE PLUS ONE THREE MINUS ONE.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

DDz not great on music? facts are wrong, Those subs sound infinitely better than my 95s. Of course it somewhat depends on the enclosure.

You are also looking at $1500+ for just 1 sub.

more than that from a dealer.

you get what you pay for. I'm a firm believer with saving up for what you really want. Otherwise you'll just be unhappy with something sell it, lose money then save for what you wanted.

Tantric Sounds SHD Series 5000rms

Ground Zero GZPW 18SPL "Recommended amplifier power 5 –10 kWRMS@ 2 Ohm (0,5 Ohm)"

Soundstream X3-182 "Pe (watts) 7k/11k Burp"

My Build Log

95 Honda Accord

Nook HD+ tablet

Team Ascendant Audio 18"

2 Skar Audio SK-2500.1D

Crescendo Audio C1100.4

2006 Civic, Fi SP4 12", bc3500

Build log

DDz not great on music? facts are wrong, Those subs sound infinitely better than my 95s. Of course it somewhat depends on the enclosure.

I wasn't trying to talk shit about the DD Z, that was just what I remember hearing from a couple of different people on this board about the Z. I agree that it depends on the enclosure somewhat.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

I wasn't trying to talk shit about the DD Z, that was just what I remember hearing from a couple of different people on this board about the Z. I agree that it depends on the enclosure somewhat.

im not back talking.

some people like to make claims with no real experience.

Twistedchild420 said the DDZ's sounded good on music

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Archived