'71 Chevelle: Quick & Simple build-log

Well, my system was sitting in my garage collecting dust for quite some time now. I kept meaning to do something with it, but kept getting busy with school or work. But today was the day! Finally put those things in!
-2 Alpine Type-X 10's
@ 1000W RMS each
-2 MTX Thunder X 1000.1xd's
@1014WRMS and 1003W RMS
-1/0 Stinger and SoundQuest for power/ground
-Kenwood BT555u H/U with Bluetooth and all that crap.
-Stock alt that was replaced about 1 year ago, probably 100a or so.
-Dimensions: Dual 10' Sealed.
W=26.25in
H=12in
D=14in
CuFt: 1 cuft per chamber.
384.jpg
002-1.jpg
340.jpg
345.jpg
350.jpg
347.jpg
346.jpg
348.jpg

366.jpg

The Firewall was so small it barely fit a 1/0AWG wire.................
355.jpg
354.jpg
356.jpg
360.jpg

speaker wires leading to the kenwood 6x9's in the rear deck
359.jpg

Amps got dusty from off-road donuts and dukes-of-hazard-esque activities dust getting in through the holes in the trunk pan

005_zps9b4e9dfc.jpg

006_zps1695da56.jpg

The only ground point not rusted to kingdom-come, gotta make due.

009_zps1f191cde.jpg
010_zps636a2146.jpg

It sounds good, I like the sealed "not completely destroying your trunk, cracking your paint, and rattling every sq.in of your car" effect.
Obviously my out-of-the-blue decision to do it left me lacking in sound-deadener, so thats pretty much the only thing I need lol.
Surprisingly it doesn't rattle horible for being 43 years old, as long as the (front and back)windows are not touching at the rubber seal, or are all the way down. Still hits the low notes way better than I was expecting.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

So I had to install the new emblem I got, as my passenger door had just a blank fill in made from plastic. I had to measure the right spot which is really annoying when the edge you measure from is curved. But I got it perfect somehow.

Before:

001-4.jpg

Talk about difficult. When I say this was a bitch, believe it. The clip spring holding it on is impossible to reach with anything besides a special tool or a towel which is almost impossible to fit between the plastic and handle that surrounds the clip....

002-4.jpg

005-2.jpg

003-4.jpg

Still completely free of water damage, my window seals are holding up nicely i guess.

004-3.jpg

006-5.jpg

008-4.jpg

010-3.jpg

Nice and shiny

009-3.jpg

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

Looks nice i love old muscel car builds. I put 2 10's in a 69 442 convertable for my friend sounded nice didnt rattle or anything

bumpin on a budget

2 cvr 12's

1800.2 power acoustic bamf

sealed box 2.3 cub each net

all in the trunk of a 98 grand am gt 4 dr

Looks nice i love old muscel car builds. I put 2 10's in a 69 442 convertable for my friend sounded nice didnt rattle or anything

Yea my grandpas golfing partner has an Olds 442 and I drove it a few times, but they build it like a Old caddy where its thick and heavy, still fast, but was more solid, so it would make sense if the rattles werent too bad.

I missed Alan.

Fuck me guys............................................... :suicide-santa::cray:

001-5.jpg

I missed Alan.

What happened there with the paint? Pics of the entire car as well? I love muscle cars.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

What happened there with the paint? Pics of the entire car as well? I love muscle cars.

Nice ride sir. System looks nice got it up and going yet? What happen to the paint?

What he said below, rust! damn rust! I hate salty water so much!

Previous rust spot coming back? My dream car is a 70 chevelle...take a lot more pictures of this build and car please :)

Yea, I was going crazy, I grinded everything off the roof and undercarriage but this came through somehow, Its only noticeable in the right light but still.............sucks

Heres some pics

004.jpg

005.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

I missed Alan.

Archived