Difference between ESK 165 and 165L

REVOofRustler

So I found a local and legitimate Hertz dealer in my area. Im lookin into the ESK 165 components but I cant find the difference between the 165's and the 165L's. Is there anyone on here that knows the difference?

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

ones pulp driver with more low end extension where the other one is a lighter treated paper cone.

price between any energy product and hi energy product is quite a bit so if energy is what you can afford go for the L

Thanks for the info guys! I probably will just go with the esk line. I'd rather not spend more on a component set than my sub! Haha

And I'm sure it'll still sound loads better than my stock Infinity speakers where the surrounds are separating from the baskets...

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

Do you know how much a new set of the HSK 165's would cost? If they're around 400ish, then that would be do-able. If they're in like the 600 dollar range, though, then that would be a bit of a stretch.

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

your looking at close to 600 from an authorized dealer near you for HSK165, below 600 but its definitely a step up monetarily and performance wise from the energy series. In all honesty your fronts should be as important if not more important then the subs since they play most of whats being heard.

• 7 months later...

My understanding is that the HSK will require more power than the ESK ... I am purchasing ESK L with my 60w/ch Alpine amp ... if I had 100w/ch I would feel more comfortable going with the HSK. I also think the basket is larger on the HSK, making the mounting options more restricted.

As far as ESK L vs non-L, I find it odd that they would sell an alternate woofer with slightly lower frequency response for only a few bucks more ... why bother with the non-L at all? Are there any drawbacks to the L? Or are they just trying to create more price points for broader market appeal?

Archived