Second Skin Audio

Assembling box in a Trunk

DubNDodge

Well today I finally made the cardboard model of my box, aaaand it won't fit. My trunk measurements are 15.5H x 39w x 30D. The box is going to be 15.5H x 34D x 27D. I am trying to figure out how I would assemble the box in the trunk. If I were to assemble the bottom and front out of the trunk, there is no way I can screw, or glue and clamp the top on. But then I can't put the top, bottom and front in the trunk that way either.

I will be sealing off the trunk with subs forward. 2 SDC2.5" 12 on 1000 watts and car is in my sig.

torres212v4.gif

If anyone could off tips, tricks to building a box inside the trunk, that would be awesome. I've looked around and couldn't find any info on how to do build inside the trunk.

Will be going to pick up the mdf within the next two weeks.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

That's a damn nice build, I started reading and couldn't stop. Makes me want to wait and save up even more for something huge. Gah. I am going to make sure I don't own a hatch back or suv of any sort when I'm older. I would be too tempted to go big.. ha

That is a neat tool. It would be difficult for me to use though, you had the front and back to work from, I will really only have the back.

IDK I still have so much thinking to do.

Maybe I can put the baffle on last, and screw everything from the inside. Mix up some of the mdf dust and glue and fill the holes/sand. That would give me the chance to glass the inside. Unless that is not needed.

Hell I'm not sure lol

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

MarioB and Blackedout both have builds that I have built boxes in the trunk.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Ok, I'll look into those builds today. Thanks!

MarioB and Blackedout both have builds that I have built boxes in the trunk.

Both builds were freaking insane!!!

MarioB and I have the same exact trunk! Damn I was only getting 7cuft net after port with my max dimensions. I thought 15's were impossible in my trunk but I guess its possible now.

I like how you recessed the front baffle back from the metal tab. Dang those builds have me drooling! I want to go get my mdf and get to work now..!

Archived