I was just looking at DDM Tuning's website for hid kits, and I was just curious. How do you know what to get? It seemed to me like it was just the parts here and there and then there was one kit for 138. I mean is that the kit for every car or do different cars have different kits? Sorry for the dumb question; I have never messed with hids before, and I am interested in getting brighter headlights due to the massive amount of deer around here and liking being able to see at night. Also would I need to buy a kit for high and low beams?

I got a 2005 chevy tahoe.

2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012drew.png

no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.

Fuck DDM. Go with XenonDepot.

The kit you want depends on the size of the bulb your car has, and the wattage you want. 35watts is plenty.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Fuck DDM. Go with XenonDepot.

x2

Their products are cheap and not reliable. Sure people have gotten good kits, but would you want to take the chance and spend 60$ and then up having bad ballasts or bulbs?

Some brands to look at are

Retro-solutions

Retrofit Source

futurevisionhid

if I can remember more I'll put them

You buy HID's by what bulb you already have, and you can find that out here: http://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applications/automotive-lighting-systems/Pages/lrgmain.aspx

Generally, so you don't blind people, you would want to also install projectors when installing HID lights to cut out the glare, but projectors can get quite expensive.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Okay, like i said I'm new to the whole thing. I just said DDM because I was looking at a thread and they were talking about them. I looked at futurevision last night, but this may sound bad. But I do not want to spend over 200 for the hids if i don't have to. Also can you do hids and not use projector head lights if you aim them right? I saw that someone said something about the reflective thing that goes in front of the light causes bad scattering, and I do not believe that my vehicle has them. I could be wrong though.

Edit: Also I was looking at retro solutions, would the bulb capping help any if you use stock head lights to help keep from blinding others?

2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012drew.png

no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.

You will want to get a (complete) HID conversion kit.

If I am not mistaken, the tahoe has a seperate bulb for high beam and low beam. If this is the case then you will need to get two seperate kits.

If your high beam and low beam is the same bulb (like my car) then you would want to get bixenon bulb (1 kit).

That's why I gave that link, so you can figure out what bulbs you have.

If you wanted, you could replace just the low beam with hids.

To do it "right" would be to put a projector in when installing HIDs. The projector evenly distributes the light and doesn't scatter it like the reflective housing will. Projectors have a sharp cut off line so that there is no glare, but if using the stock reflective housing, light will be scattered, and glare to on comming traffic. They also will also have a much better light output than reflective housing.

You would only want bulb capping if your stock bulb has it.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

i've bought three kits from ddm. one is like 4 years old, the other is around 3, and the third kit is around a year old. all working great and no problems aside from one of the kits' hi/lo ballast breaking, but ddm warrantied it and got a new one for free.

I do have seperate hi and low beam bulbs. To start off I would probably just do the lows and maybe later on do the highs.

LISTEN TO ME NOT TO THE DDM HATERS .

I've personally installed DDM kits on multiple vehicles (including mine, see avatar)

All have lasted a very very long time , even while running during the day a lot.

I understand DDM does not provide an applications list for the different bulbs, so when I need to find I bulb type quickly I use Sylvania's bulb guide and it will tell you every single bulb in your car. Then just see what low beams yours has and chose that one on the scroll down on the DDM site.

Just choose the $35 HID kit on DDM since you only need the low beams ....don't put them in your highs its kinda pointless

BTW fellas it was only $49 with shipping and higher quality than the ebay knock offs

i had my ddm tuning 55w kit for over 4 months now, cant complain

Current Setup: , 2 Fi sp4 18s in a big ass flat wall tuned to 23hz, Pioneer 80prs, 2 Digital Designs m3bs strapped @ 2 ohms, Banda ICE2000, Crescendo 800.4, 4 PRV 10MR1000s,4 Mclaren MLT300 Super Tweeters Kinetik 2000 XS Power 2700 & XS Power 3100s.

Archived