Boston Acoustics Pro Series ?

ROLEXrifleman

Yep, I currently have equal power running my front stage and my Subs ... After this upgrade, I will have more power on my front stage than my sub stage ...

If you add tweeters and midrange down low, it will bring down your stage.

Just my suggestion here ... I would (if you plan to active setup with this system) start out with a 2 way active front stage ...

Tweeters in the sail pannels (already done) and your addition of the 6.5" midbass drivers in your doors (if I remember correctly, you can remove the tweeters from those drivers) ... and set your roll off low end to 70 htz ... I'm not saying this can handle massive bass / dubstep music, but to tune your system out, then bring it up to 100 htz for that kind of music ... You will then know what information is missing in your music and add the mid ranges where needed ... may not need them at all, who knows ?? The reasoning your wanting this upgrade could be just aiming issues instead of just needing to add more drivers ... Not sure. Just because you have 6 channels at your disposal, doesn't mean you have to use them ... but what works the best for your application is what I would go with ...

But I do like the idea you have about having "Tons O Power" to the front stage !!! Headroom is KEY !!!

And to be honnest, I'd run the rears off of radio power ... No major need to amp those

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Sounds like you got it more than figured out.

And your running a good amount of power, And with control.

I'm not trying to be capt bring down, but, I'd venture to say that 70 is going to be difficult. If even possible.??

Great luck man....

Edit- with placement, I really don't have any help...

Did you see there is a 600.2 FS now??... Something to ponder.

But I think a 400 would be more than fine...

Again, stay gold bud.

I'm not trying to be capt bring down, but, I'd venture to say that 70 is going to be difficult. If even possible.??

If those 6.5" drivers are the ones I'm thinking about made in the 90s ... They should have no problems playing "Fullrange" ... I'm saying play it safe at 70 htz ...

My 6.5" drivers are cut a 40 htz ... even on bass / dubstep music ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Man??.. How do you guys do that?

Do you use a shit ton of deadening? Or what?

I was able to smash 100 on my 6.5's ... At full volume, and that was as low as I dared go, or they'd start to bottom out on some stuff.

So that's where I ran em.

You guys that kill low on mid range gear ERK me lol..!!!

Nice Drivers ... "Old School"

• 2 weeks later...

These were the top of the bill from Boston Acoustics. They had a nice kick bass and were able to handle some power. Never bought them as they were very expensive in Europe, but they were pretty good.

Woofer: 12" Phase Linear Aliante Limited

Mids & highs: DLS Ultimate 5 1/4"

Amp: Audison VRX 6.420

HU: Sony CDX-C90R

Keep the 4" and tweeter as close together as possible. The current location on the door works well in a 2-way set up. I second the kick panel but, put both the 4 and tweeter there off axis. I run the 6.53 and that titanium tweeter screams on certain music. However, to reproduce musical metal string instruments titanium is great.

Keeping the components close cuts down on seperation issues. Especially once you start adjusting your crossover points.

Archived