Sonic Electronix

Upgraded but no noticeable difference...

i went from an aq 2200 to a dc 3.5k and gained nothing..absolutely nothing lol and my box was no prefab.. it happens man..but i changed my box and gained a good amount ;) its in the box

Alright, thanks i know the box does affect a lot but i just assumed with more power and all that there would atleast be some difference but i guess i was wrong lol

setup and box 70%

equipment 30%

if your upgrading equipment and seeing no improvements its the setup, simple as that ...audio acoustics, (especially car audio acoustics) can be very complicated and theres lots of little things needed to get the sound you desire

How do you know what to tune your box at do you tune it at your cars peak frequency or wha?

mmm my opinion is people get caught up in there cars peak frequency too much,,,seems to be that that pertains more to competition cars....A good general tuning for a box is 34hz...if you really want to try to hit lows maybe try 31-32...if you want a pure spl box try one at around 38-40 or higher....Its really a big experiment

I will post pics tomorrow when the sun comes out lol. And yes it is a prefab box only because i have a single cab truck and have hardly any room, I have also never built a box before and builing a wedge shape box seems kind of challenging... nor do i know of any box building programs really and i know that a bigger box that is ported would make it a lot louder which is why i was thinking about doing a blowthrough but i did stuff the box with polyfil i dont know if it actually helps or not but even if the box isnt huge and is a prefab shouldnt i notice a difference with adding that much more power and half the impedance. I also did double check the wiring i did positive on one voice coil to negitive on opposite voice coil on both subs and then took the positive on each sub and wired it to the amp and same for both negitives.

Edit: Box is sealed and about 1 cubic foot per woofer

lmao im dieing here everyone asked how its wired then when you reply with it and say its a prefab everyone jumps on about the prefab (yes they suck balls) but no one noticed that your wired to 4 ohms hahahhahahahaha

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

I will post pics tomorrow when the sun comes out lol. And yes it is a prefab box only because i have a single cab truck and have hardly any room, I have also never built a box before and builing a wedge shape box seems kind of challenging... nor do i know of any box building programs really and i know that a bigger box that is ported would make it a lot louder which is why i was thinking about doing a blowthrough but i did stuff the box with polyfil i dont know if it actually helps or not but even if the box isnt huge and is a prefab shouldnt i notice a difference with adding that much more power and half the impedance. I also did double check the wiring i did positive on one voice coil to negitive on opposite voice coil on both subs and then took the positive on each sub and wired it to the amp and same for both negitives.

Edit: Box is sealed and about 1 cubic foot per woofer

lmao im dieing here everyone asked how its wired then when you reply with it and say its a prefab everyone jumps on about the prefab (yes they suck balls) but no one noticed that your wired to 4 ohms hahahhahahahaha

Dude youre right.... lol i used this http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/2DVC_4-ohm_mono.jpg and didnt even notice it said 4 ohm load i thought it said 4 ohm subs.... lol thanks for pointing that out

Archived