Anyone here taken the current MS cert exams?

As of today I finished my actual schooling which does not include taking the exams for 70-646, 70-642 and 70-640. Which is the three components making up the new MCITP certfication, Windows 2008 Server Admin, Network Infrastructure and Active Directory. As I understand it the MS exams are pretty fubar, so I have a few things I am going to use to study but also wanted to see if anyone here has taken them or other MS exams recently and can recommend any other study guides/materials to assist in passing them. I will be using the pratice tests at the end of each chapter, the practice test on CDROM that comes with each MS book, as well as Transcender a flash based Q&A system for studying sorta like exam cram.

Anyway, if anyone has anything they could recommend let me know, as I plan to take my first of the three Active Directory first in the next couple weeks, then study for 2 weeks and take Network Infrastructure then finally 2 more weeks of studying and take the big one Windows 2008 Server Admin exam. And after that my next move is going back to a traditional college and obtaining a 4yr degree in computer engineering just as a kind of extra education buffer, since I already have an AS Degree and 11years IT experience.

Thanks

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

I would take the 646 last if you can. Its a BITCH! the 40 and 42 are pretty easy and with your netowrking knowledge i dont think you will have a issue with them at all. If you have the mcse for 2003 and upgraded to 2k8 then you will also be able to get your cloud certification included with the new mcitp. Right now since they have revamped the test AGAIN I would stick with the pearson courses if possible. Word on the block is they are supposed to be changing the test yet AGAIN here at the end of nov. Good luck mang. I think I have some vouchers left i will have to see that i can email you when you get ready to take the test. I will be taking the cissp that n8 just past for my next cert and i am NOT looking forward to it :(

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Cissp.. That is a pain from what I hear. Good on you for going that way though.

My chariot-

2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crewcab + Leer topper

Cheesy Pioneer AVHD1400

Factory highs - for now

Amps - Kicker ZX750.1

Subs - 4 Lanzar MAX st (For now)

Box - Subthump 4x8"sealed (About to port)

More to come soon..

Pain is not even close to what this cert is. I currently hold quite a few certs.. i think around 8-10 somewhere in there

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

its a nightmare. I ate slept and breathed cissp for 7 months. over 300 hours of studying close to 20k practice questions and my first thought when i got up was well fuck. there went my 600 bucks.

and when you finish you dont even get certified ont he spot. You have to complete a form be endorsed by another cissp and then wait a few weeks for them to verify it. its by far the hardest test ive ever taken or taken any practice questions of and the first I had to sign an NDA to take.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived