About a year ago I put a wall in my civic. Not long after I finished, another semester of college began and I was much to busy to post anything about the install. Eventually enough time passed and I all but forgot about the smd forums. After recently moving I went to clean up my bookmarks and rediscovered the website that was the inspiration that led to my install. Even though the install isn't as great or as clean as so many on this forum, I figured I would post a couple pics because Steve and this forum were much of the reason I turned car audio into a major hobby in the first place.

First a couple pics of the car, a 2006 Civic.

car2.jpg

car1.jpg

A pic of my first build involving a 2004 15" xxx. The xxx was in my old car for over a year but only lasted a couple months in the Civic before I blew a tinsel lead.

Trunkbuild.jpg

Cleaning up the old install with a sawzall lol.

Trunkunbuild.jpg

The only pic I can find of my wall build, not exactly a thing of beauty.

box020.jpg

And the end result of my efforts.

car3.jpg

IMGP0306.jpg

Kind of wish I took more pics building it up, but at the time I was focused on finishing it asap before another semester of school began. Each subwoofer is powered by a Elemental Design nine.1 at .7 ohm, and to supply power I have a 200 amp Iraggi alt and an Optima blue top. The box is about 6.5-7ft^3 per chamber and is tuned to ~30hz with about 150 in^2 of port. I am now also running a set of xxx components powered by a RF t3002.

Not sure how loud it would meter as I have never had access to a TL (no shops that I knew of had a TL in Alaska). Now that I'm in Arizona I will probably hit that audio show in Gilbert on the 27th and find out what it meters. TBH I would guess it at around a 146-147 and would be happy with that, hell its more than loud enough to me, even after a year of rocking the setup. Though after I graduate college and get a job I'd like to turn the vehicle into a project car, new subs, more power, replace the ac with an alt etc :) .

Edited by Phlipcyde