Second Skin Audio

i think my hdc3 18 hates my box :/

Fatman489

Jman ...3 posts above yours I posted the link to how my box is built ... Has a pic and dimensions

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

2013 Kenworth T-660 Studio Sleeper-The daily and Money maker

I do what I want -push it till it pops!

I know 1k ain't enough for its current box ... It's begging for more like It barely moves lol also have 10ga knuconcepts from amp to sub and its separate positive and negative runs per coil so its gettin everything the amp can feed it

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

well there is more cone area on 2 -12s + i would think 2 HX2s would out do 1 -18 hdc3 IN MY OPIINION. WAS THE 2 12S ON THE SAME AMP?

Uh....... No. 1 18 has more cone area than a pair of 12s. Go check your math. Dont give bad advice.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Even if 2 12s did have same or slightly greater cone area I still feel 1 18 rated at 1k getting atleast 1k in much better built box would be louder and lower than 2 10+year old 12s rated at 500rms each and gettin maybe 500rms for the pair ... I mean my t3002 is pretty badass for the $50 I paid for it but no where near enough juice for 2 punch hx2s ... The box the 12s are in is roughly 4 cubes tuned to supposedly 38hz but as its a cheap prefab I doubt either measurement are very accurate lol

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

I still think my box is hurting me more than my lack of power, but in a couple weeks after my quarterly taxes are taken care of I'm gonna get a dc 5k or an aq 3500 not sure which yet

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

What am I gonna do with more power? Beat the brakes off this hdc3 till it pops , then maybe recone to dual 1 ohm coils with the aluminum coils and again beat the brakes off of it till it pops then probably toss it , I posted a link with info on the box , I don't think this box is worth a damn for the sub honestly ... I'm thinkin about wall socketing this thing just to see how it can move cuz this 1k just ain't doin nothing for it... Just kinda annoying I haven't had it but a couple months lol , I'm purdy sure its not really broke in yet

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

So build a new box with torres this time.. Damn

Boxes are cheaper than subs and amps.

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP