bedlining whole truck vs regular paint job?

how did you prep it? i've read that your supposed to get some steel whool or fine sandpaper and scuff the hell out of it, wipe it with acetone, then like a scotch brite pad or something afterwards then spray.. is that correct? and that's pretty good i, does the trailer stay outside always?

Virtually no prep at all. I just hit it with a palm sander and wiped it dry. I just did the top facing part of the top rail . I just wanted to see how it held up to the sun. And yeah, the trailer is outside year round.

not saying it completely is, but that's maybe why i dunno. do you have any pictures of it a couple year's later? id like to see them and see how it still looks. also i've been hearing instead of like "waxing" the truck you could just "armor all wax" it

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

DO IT....

/ thread...

And show pics........

pretty sure i will be doing it, but not as soon as everyone would like..

just got hit with a $250 fine and that sucks, just quit job to focus on school to graduate.. but it will get done and before/after pic's will be taken.. plenty of them

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

we bedlined my buddies 93 prelude that he paid 800$ for in a weekend in his driveway, not the best but its better then the 7 colours of red that was on there before

got any pictures? basically what i was gonna do.. except we were gonna put my truck in my shop and mask everything off, take the bumpers/bed off, sand, prep, spray on. i just dont want it to look half assed and like a quick paintjob in the end. but im sure if i take my time and dont rush it, it will turn out good..

we just taped his windows and mirrors and lights, we used a can of stuff on the hood then we switched to a proper undercoating gun and used about a gallon and a half rockergaurd, turned out decent considering we didn't prep anything so you could for sure make it look good with some time

but here it is

vTnAU.jpg

lyKA9.jpg

and a little fun at the end of the day

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan

Pioneer 80-prs
B2 Zero.7

2 15s 4inch coil psi recones temp til my subs are reconed
Focal P165-v15
Audison voce quattro

fully active

Only gonna get louder

146.1 at 38hz

138.x at 24hz

Build log
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191444-mazda-3-sedan-sql-build-audisonfocalb2aa/

it does look good from that picture for sure.. but that's just the problem haha i dont have the money for someone else to do it, and i dont think i would do it that bad actually.. ive painted a few truck's before.. but not really trying just like ranch trucks and what not.. and they've came out pretty well for me not trying and just trying to get it done without it absolutely looking like shit

i've been wanting to do this to my truck too! i got a 2000 cummins that is starting to show rust, and chrome is ugly looking...

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

it does look good from that picture for sure.. but that's just the problem haha i dont have the money for someone else to do it, and i dont think i would do it that bad actually.. ive painted a few truck's before.. but not really trying just like ranch trucks and what not.. and they've came out pretty well for me not trying and just trying to get it done without it absolutely looking like shit

you can always start with the front bumper and or hood or roof, that way u cant really go wrong if u dont like it, cause its just a roof

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan

Pioneer 80-prs
B2 Zero.7

Focal P165-v15
Audison voce quattro

fully active

Only gonna get louder

146.1 at 38hz

138.x at 24hz

Build log
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191444-mazda-3-sedan-sql-build-audisonfocalb2aa/

yeah that's true.. but honestly it would look weird with the color my truck and everything is right now.. i would always get shit about not having enough money to finish it and what not.. haha

yeah that's true.. but honestly it would look weird with the color my truck and everything is right now.. i would always get shit about not having enough money to finish it and what not.. haha

could always platidip it. theres another great alternative, just do it properly

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan

Pioneer 80-prs
B2 Zero.7

Focal P165-v15
Audison voce quattro

fully active

Only gonna get louder

146.1 at 38hz

138.x at 24hz

Build log

Archived