DC Sound Lab

I want to start building box for my level 5 m2 12inch need help

Here is my setup:

Level 5 m2 12inch

DC audio 3.5k

2 xs power batteries 5100 and 3100 on the back

110AMP alternator for now

what is the recommended box volume do i need to do for my setup ?

and how much port area you think i need ?

I will design it on Torres' Box Tuning Calculator so if u can give me what to look after when i will build it and what measurements like

Net volume port area and other thing ill need to have.

idea22.jpg

Hertz HSK 165XL

Celestra FA475xDC Audio 3.5KDC Audio level 5 12 inchXS Power 6500 on the front.XS Power 3100 on the back.Knukonceptz 0 gauge an 10 gauge OFC wire.

2.5 cu ft net and around 40 sq in of port

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

the size looks about right if the amp is running at around 1 ohm. i would NOT do 2.5 ft. ive done extensive texting with a lvl 5 12 and a 3.5k dc amp and when it was loudest was at 1.6 cube and a single 6" aero that was 30 inches long.

online thing i might suggest is drop the port size...which will drop the port length down a bit to try to keep the sub as responsive as possible.

other than that you should be ok.

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

Contact us for the best quality cables and accessories with the fastest shipping in the industry

EMAIL: [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

LIKE US ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/SkyHighCarAudio

ADD ME ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/jon.rabe.1

MONSTER SKY HIGH/DC GMC: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/127057-sky-high-monster-gmc-walk-through-12-lvl-5-15s-6-9ks-trim-panels-and-wiring-p-90/

the size looks about right if the amp is running at around 1 ohm. i would NOT do 2.5 ft. ive done extensive texting with a lvl 5 12 and a 3.5k dc amp and when it was loudest was at 1.6 cube and a single 6" aero that was 30 inches long.

online thing i might suggest is drop the port size...which will drop the port length down a bit to try to keep the sub as responsive as possible.

other than that you should be ok.

Thanks ! saw your old vid with the level 5 and 3.5k, your comment much aprecited !.

Ill sit on the design again and comeback with the results.

Basically want to build ported box for my level 5 m2 12 inch, that tuned to 33HZ when the sub and port are upward. my max dimensions are: Height 21 Width 35 Depth 18. I want to save trunk space and build the sub as little on the bottom surface and more to the height kinda. My problems is how much net volume and port area i need to aim for and what else i need to pay attention.

I am listening all kinds of music rap dubstep ruck metal classic rock and classic music too.

Here is my setup:

Level 5 m2 12inch

DC audio 3.5k

2 xs power batteries 5100 and 3100 on the back

110AMP alternator for now.

Do to my lack off high output alternator and kinda poor electricity what you guys think the box should be.

Ohh and i gonna run 2 1/0 guage from front to the back. Maby ill put much bigger battery on the front if there will be place for it.

Also my car is small 3 doors hot htach Seat Ibiza Sc 2011 i know that there is no Seat brand on the us but is a VW brand basically.

Ive asked Mechman about alternator for my car its kinda tricky because the car doesn't exist on the US and the big question is will VW Golf or Passt alternators will fit on it,

I hope my bad English didnt cofused you guys.

idea22.jpg

Hertz HSK 165XL

Celestra FA475xDC Audio 3.5KDC Audio level 5 12 inchXS Power 6500 on the front.XS Power 3100 on the back.Knukonceptz 0 gauge an 10 gauge OFC wire.

I will just reiterate what Jon said. Your design looks good. Generally between 1.25-1.75ft3 net just depending on the amount of power being thrown to it.

To whoever suggested 2.5ft3 net, if you don't know the sub and amp and have experience with them, how are you going to recommend anything for an enclosure? Every sub is different and wants a different amount of airspace. You won't see me going into the sundown, ascendant, or skar forums and recommending box specs for their products. I am not familiar with what their products like and won't make a recommendation based on a guess.

Thanks CJ ! your comment much aprecited !.

I will run it on 1 ohm 3,500W. I understand that i case of lack of power from the electricity people overcome that by increasing the box volume.

What port area per foot u guys recommend that ill aim for or what is the range that can do with the Level 5 ?

Also i thought to build the box from Birch Plywood what u guys think about that ?

Edited by As-21

idea22.jpg

Hertz HSK 165XL

Thank you all !

But there is still one qustion didnt got answer for it.

What is port area per foot i must do ?

idea22.jpg

Hertz HSK 165XL

Make it 14-16 per foot.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.