OrionStang Posted November 7, 2012 Report Posted November 7, 2012 Nice post, thanks for that breakdown. It's obvious I can't clearly convey my feelings on "stoners" abusing the legalization on an internet forum, so i'll stop that argument. But just to be clear, I agree with legalization. I just feel its important to know why the Fed is fighting so hard to keep it an illegal substance. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Guest Posted November 7, 2012 Report Posted November 7, 2012 we've had multiple countries (like columbias president) say that the cartels will be GREATLY hurt if the US legalizes cannabis. we just have to tax it, for fucks sake. its that simple. with all the millions of people that smoke in the country, the growing 16 trillion dollar debt can be lowered significantly.
mrd6 Posted November 7, 2012 Report Posted November 7, 2012 Nice post, thanks for that breakdown. It's obvious I can't clearly convey my feelings on "stoners" abusing the legalization on an internet forum, so i'll stop that argument. But just to be clear, I agree with legalization. I just feel its important to know why the Fed is fighting so hard to keep it an illegal substance. I'm actually curious about this. Like, I actually want to know, not in a patronizing "bet you can't do it" kind of way haha. Because, I almost see it the other way around. Maybe we have a different definition of stoner but to me, a stoner is someone who is just always high. You don't usually see them out in the world but if you do you can't always tell because they are used to being high. Its the recreational users who aren't used to it and can't stop laughing in a movie or can't figure out how to use the self check out at the grocery store that annoy me lol My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
KillaCam Posted November 7, 2012 Report Posted November 7, 2012 If it was legalized and I had a good job that was just fine with it I would smoke. That's the only reason I don't smoke it now school and getting a good job is far more important. It would be a great stress reliever to come home after a long day and smoke a little. And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. B5 Passat Build Log
OrionStang Posted November 7, 2012 Report Posted November 7, 2012 Nice post, thanks for that breakdown. It's obvious I can't clearly convey my feelings on "stoners" abusing the legalization on an internet forum, so i'll stop that argument. But just to be clear, I agree with legalization. I just feel its important to know why the Fed is fighting so hard to keep it an illegal substance. I'm actually curious about this. Like, I actually want to know, not in a patronizing "bet you can't do it" kind of way haha. Because, I almost see it the other way around. Maybe we have a different definition of stoner but to me, a stoner is someone who is just always high. You don't usually see them out in the world but if you do you can't always tell because they are used to being high. Its the recreational users who aren't used to it and can't stop laughing in a movie or can't figure out how to use the self check out at the grocery store that annoy me lol Yep we are thinking opposite LOL. The stoners are the annoying fucks at the mall laughing at nothing, like "dude I'm so fucking high, lets go smoke another bowl". I see the recreational users as the guys maintaining daily, able to function without acting the 'tard. We are on the same page, just opposite. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Guest Posted November 7, 2012 Report Posted November 7, 2012 Yep we are thinking opposite LOL. The stoners are the annoying fucks at the mall laughing at nothing, like "dude I'm so fucking high, lets go smoke another bowl". I see the recreational users as the guys maintaining daily, able to function without acting the 'tard. We are on the same page, just opposite. x mothafuckin 2. i cant stand the lowlife stoners that literally do nothing but smoke all day and sit on the couch playing/watching whatever. dont have a job. dont go to school, etc. recreational users, to me, can go out in public stoned and act like normal members of society, but just more relaxed and calm lol.
mrd6 Posted November 7, 2012 Report Posted November 7, 2012 Haha sounds about right. Regardless of what we call them or why, I think we are all in agreement My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
Mtnbikecrazy55 Posted November 7, 2012 Report Posted November 7, 2012 Yup^ all in agreement with these guys up there. Most of all my points have been said so I'm not going to take the time to type out a three page reply on my phone. I'm for legalization. Used responsibly smoking weed is perfectly harmless to society. "hypothetically speaking" - Honestly, I don't really like alcohol, just gets me all riled up and shit. A bowl at the end of the day however, can be a nice relaxing way to end the day. I know better than to smoke when I have to be productive and get shit done. One thing I am honestly curious about, is do you think this will raise or lower the cost? Obviously it varies by location, but in general with all the taxes(which I think will greatly help the govt and in turn citizens) and everything included, will the price be cheaper than buying it on the street? Discuss. I hate long signatures.... ...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head... Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback
OrionStang Posted November 7, 2012 Report Posted November 7, 2012 Probably more expensive. But has the potential to be potent as fawk, government strains. It could also add jobs, as growing and crossbreeding won't happen on its own. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
WastedTalent Posted November 7, 2012 Report Posted November 7, 2012 @bobbyG2- I should have detailed my answer more. It is a mind altering substance, not as bad as alcohol, but still intoxicating. People shouldn't be allowed to stroll around with a spliff just like you can't walk around with a brew. @Miguel- It would probably follow the tobacco model for growth, sales, and taxes. Only a couple of companies growing (and probably charging outrageous prices), with federal taxation, and each state deciding their own state tax. Ken, curious as to how people would assume people are high and not just stupid. I mean think about the younger generation. Pretty stupid. To my knowledge, it takes awhile for it to show up in your system so it's not like you can take a hit and fail a UA an hour later. But if I'm wrong, please feel free to correct me. Also I've always heard that tobacco and alcohol are legal because the government can control it. Look at alcohol. There was and still is moonshine, which is for the most part illegal. Very little moonshine is legal. Why is the majority of it illegal? Government can't gain profit. No licenses are bought, no taxes are gained, etc. Tobacco was illegal at one point. They found a way to control it, to limit who could make it, etc so they then legalized it. With pot, sure, it's nowhere near as harmful, but too many people grow it. Some states have their authorized growers for the medicinal stores, but who DOESN'T know someone who knows someone that grows it? So to shut the entire operation down and control it? That seems like it'll never happen. Sheena = pedobear
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.