Legalized in Colorado?

If you're around them enough, you can tell.

And usually, once you hit it, its already in your system and you will fail a UA.

Another thing, if you're fat and quit smoking, you may continue to fail UA's for a long time. THC stores in fat cells. When I went into the Army years ago, I was failing UA's 7 months after I quit smoking, because I was burning fat from training.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

^This is very true. I would guess prices will have to go up due to taxes but at the same time, people will still be able to buy it on the street so "legal" distributers may have to lower their prices to compete. Only time will tell, should be very interesting.

Team NorthWestSPL

If they can make money off of it then great. If people can be smart about using it then great. Me personally will never use again. I already have enough irreversible damage done do to misuse of weed. Yes stang I was a stoner in the 80's lol went through 1 to 2 pounds a week depending on the parties lol.

I am all for the legalization of cannabis. I honestly see no reason why it should be illegal. I love smoking a little weed here and there, just like I like to enjoy a good beer every once in a while. It should absolutely be something that you are allowed to do in the privacy of your own home. Just be safe and smart about it, and no one should have a problem. I just wish the government would just get off everyones nuts about it.

I totally agree with Orion on the stoner issue. I hate those little twats who act like irritating douchebags. It's people like that who make everyone think pot is going to ruin your life. If nothing else, legalizing pot will give the irritating stoners one less thing to talk about.

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Regular CabPioneer MVH-P7300Orion 800.4Planet Audio Big Bang series 6.5 componentsJL G17002 Diamond Audio D610D4's

Build log

women drivers no survivors

@bobbyG2- I should have detailed my answer more. It is a mind altering substance, not as bad as alcohol, but still intoxicating. People shouldn't be allowed to stroll around with a spliff just like you can't walk around with a brew.

@Miguel- It would probably follow the tobacco model for growth, sales, and taxes. Only a couple of companies growing (and probably charging outrageous prices), with federal taxation, and each state deciding their own state tax.

Ken, curious as to how people would assume people are high and not just stupid. I mean think about the younger generation. Pretty stupid. To my knowledge, it takes awhile for it to show up in your system so it's not like you can take a hit and fail a UA an hour later. But if I'm wrong, please feel free to correct me.

Also I've always heard that tobacco and alcohol are legal because the government can control it. Look at alcohol. There was and still is moonshine, which is for the most part illegal. Very little moonshine is legal. Why is the majority of it illegal? Government can't gain profit. No licenses are bought, no taxes are gained, etc. Tobacco was illegal at one point. They found a way to control it, to limit who could make it, etc so they then legalized it. With pot, sure, it's nowhere near as harmful, but too many people grow it. Some states have their authorized growers for the medicinal stores, but who DOESN'T know someone who knows someone that grows it? So to shut the entire operation down and control it? That seems like it'll never happen.

Growing should be regulated but that doesn't mean run entirely by professionals. Amateurs could but they need to learn the basics of safety when it comes to electricity, pesticides, nutrients, etc. One doesn't stick a seed in soil and harvest 3 months later no more than having copper tubing and a bucket makes you an expert of distilling spirits. There will continue to be douchebags out there putting out a dangerous product that is inferior product endangering the public regardless of the legal status. Poorly made moonshine can contain methanol which is highly toxic and can cause blindness. Marijuana can contain volatile pesticides, salts, and chemical fertilizers that can harm your lungs when grown improperly. When you want to distribute on a large scale that's when the gov't steps in. A lot of forward thinking dispensaries have been testing their cannabis from suppliers using gas chromatography analyzing the specific amounts of psychoactive chemicals (THC,CBD,CBN) that they contain and check microscopically for mold, thrips, and spider mites.

Education and regulation is really the only safe way. Otherwise you have people getting sick on the present equivalent of bathtub gin.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

I've been clean from smoking for almost 2 months now but when I did smoke I felt I drove a little better since I was concentrating on my driving a lot more, I feel driving tired effects my reaction time significantly more than when high.

I don't have my card here in Cali but I know going to a dispensary is always more expensive than on the street but with the dispensaries you know what kind of marijuana you are getting and that it is quality (well most of the time you know these things, some clubs will bullshit of course). Also, in the clubs they sell edibles, tinctures, hash/keif, wax, oil, etc. so its more than just your normal bud

@Dog, what damage has weed done to your body?

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Yeah, that is true. And that is there right to do so. If I want to have a certain job that drug tests as part of the hiring process, then I will go clean, and pass the test. But if I have a job that doesn't care, great. I'm sure this will probably change in the future, but right now I am in college, and fortunate enough to only have to work for supplemental income (mostly to support my audio addiction) So at this point it really is just what I want to do.

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Regular CabPioneer MVH-P7300Orion 800.4Planet Audio Big Bang series 6.5 componentsJL G17002 Diamond Audio D610D4's

Build log

women drivers no survivors

Archived