DC Sound Lab

dc level2 12 round ports or sealed?

Hey corona jeff or raptorman, as previously discussed I am about maxed out on space, I punched into Torres calc and if I use 2 2in by 9in ports it gets the tuning to where you advised, but will that be enough port for the sub? Otherwise I might have to just go with sealed. Tried going to 3 or four in ports but it raised it back to the mid 50 hz range.

Yeah aero or pvc. With the dimensions i have to work with inner 15 in w, 10.5 d, 16.5 h the only way I can get the tuning down to 36.08 hz is to go 16.5 tall, 5/8 wide and 24 in long for the vent. right now it's tuned to 53.21. existing vent is 1 in wide 16.5 tall and 13 in long. will 5/8 gap restrict to much?

Edited by donberto

alright after some time I think i have got what you adivise. 22in high 16.5 wide 12 9/16 depth. port 15 in wide 1 in width 25 in long. .14 woofer dispalcement gives me gross of 1.97 and net of 1.25 and tuning frequency of 33.85 hz. Please check my calcs and I will start rebuild this weekend. Thanks again fellas. On the Torres calc when you put in 25 in vent length it say physical is 23.25, do you build it 25 in long or 23.25?

Edited by donberto