djdirtysouf Posted November 10, 2012 Report Posted November 10, 2012 whats up yall, i am in need of help here, i am wanting to build a box for 2 zv3 15s in my 2004 monte carlo trunk, i want to face them forward something like anton millers box style, i am wantin to get loud and move alot of air so im guessin 32hz tuning, dont kno too much about boxes , i mainly listen to rap, i want so windshield flex out of this haha electrical is stock alt for now, and 2 xs3100s yellow top up front, 2 runs of pwr 0 awg, big 3, and my amp is a saz4500, all goin in the trunk of a 04 monte carlo, if yall think i should try different 15s or face the subs towards the trunk ,plz let me know give your opinions and advice, thank yall for the help guys!
fox_racin4 Posted November 10, 2012 Report Posted November 10, 2012 2 12s will work better. Unless you want to start cutting up the steel behind back seat 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
OrionStang Posted November 10, 2012 Report Posted November 10, 2012 Agreed. Might want to get an alt or more batts for that 4500 as well. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Sutliff Posted November 10, 2012 Report Posted November 10, 2012 I have an 03 Monte SS w/ two 12" in IB. DO NOT cut ANY steel anywhere in back, it will take away from the structural integrity of the car. I cut NOTHING, & got each 12" to "fire" up through the factory 6x9 holes. It sound incredible. You have 15.8 cubic feet to work with back there, & I do believe 15" are possible, but overkill for a coupe of our size. Draw up plans for using the 12" that best suit you, & build the enclosure you want to build. Trust me, & I dare anyone to state differently: it is ALL in the enclosure, & its construction. I cannot tell you, back in college what crap woofers I had, cause I could not afford subs, & I made a perfect ported box for them, ... they sounded better than some custom enclosures, ... & my box sat crooked in the trunk of my 84 Cutlass. You build the enclosure right to the speaker specs, & to the specs that you want for the tune, & you will be golden. Seal it well, brace the Hell out of it if need be. There are near endless possibilities in these cars ... 2000-2007 Monte Carlo's. JRS (NYMCC) PS: You should also check out MonteCarloForum sometime, ... a lot of good stereo guys in there like "walkingonabullet", "boxman420", & "milhouse". walkingonabullet is doing two FI IB318's off a self-built carputer right now. - http://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/2004-silver-bullet-monte-carlo-sq-build-31461/ ... Zeke '14 2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/ Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build Pioneer FH-P8000BT Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC) RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP MechMan S Series 240A XS Power D3400 & D975
djdirtysouf Posted November 10, 2012 Author Report Posted November 10, 2012 Yeah I jus figured 15s wud hit harder since more cone area, and maybe be in a 4 cube box, I kno I can put dlme 15s in ther it'll just be a tight fit, and was wondering who has done this before, personally I wouldn't get 12s, And I've been on that montecarlo forum not much help
Omega5002 Posted November 10, 2012 Report Posted November 10, 2012 If you're gonna build a 4cu ft box, do a pair of 12's, they'll work better. 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Omega5002 Posted November 10, 2012 Report Posted November 10, 2012 But if you a build a 6 cu ft box with good amount of port, then you can run the Zv3 15's well. 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
djdirtysouf Posted November 10, 2012 Author Report Posted November 10, 2012 I can do 6 cubes if I have too, has anyone.had 2 15s in their trunk.and what way were they the loudest?
stevensracing06 Posted November 11, 2012 Report Posted November 11, 2012 just do 12s. save space and sound just as good if done right. no need for 15s in a monte carlo youd have to cut in order to have a big enough box to sound good. you can fit 3 12s in there easier than 2 15s
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.