meade916 Posted November 11, 2012 Report Posted November 11, 2012 Steve if you can help me understand the eq, I am in love! I came back out and wired it back up and set the crossovers like you said and DAMN! awesome! the EQ is going to be on you though. I can't predict how your car is going to act. Do you have access to an RTA? Thats not the ONLY thing you need to do but its a good start. play pink noise while running the RTA. Mute everything but the channels you want to test. Don't play it too loud because pink noise isn't the best thing for speakers at high volumes. Play it just loud enough to get a good reading. Then, while it is playing, you look at the RTA and spot your peaks and valleys. Try to cut as much as you can and avoid adding. Sometimes you have to add a little but do it just enough to make it better, don't go out of your way to flatten it completely out or it won't sound very good. Once you have the peaks and valleys smoothed out, it will already be MUCH better. Depending on your goals for the system, you might want to leave it like that as it will sound good already but if you are thinking you want more SQ, its time to move to time alignment. I can't tell you where to put it because i am not there. You can use the Iasca disc for reference as well as songs you know (how they are supposed to sound) and start adjusting the sliders a little bit where needed. Now there are things a true SQ vet looks for, that i am not qualified to tell you to look for yet. I am not a pro at this......but what ive told you is a good start. I will probably just leave it as is. It sounds amazing. It really cleaned up the sound. Now I ust have to swap out my cheap RCAs for some much nicer, shielded ones to hopefully eliminate as much of the static as I can. THANKS! if you can, at least try to score an RTA. If you like it now, wait till you smooth it out some. All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications! http://www.youtube.com/meade916 Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them http://www.instagram.com/meade916 The Official SMD Facebook fan Page https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/ Follow my Tweet (Twitter) http://www.Twitter.com/meade916
meade916 Posted November 11, 2012 Report Posted November 11, 2012 Well, thanks Steve for all this info, and thanks CJ for testng everything out. Can't wait to get mine rollin'. no prob. Too bad we all live so far away from each other. It would be so dope to just tell you guys to meet me at the spot for a tutorial....oh well this is the best we can do. All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications! http://www.youtube.com/meade916 Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them http://www.instagram.com/meade916 The Official SMD Facebook fan Page https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/ Follow my Tweet (Twitter) http://www.Twitter.com/meade916
Sonic Posted November 11, 2012 Report Posted November 11, 2012 The flexibility of the 360.3 is awesome, with 31-band "parametric" equalization per channel, the possibilities are endless !!
CJ18 Posted November 11, 2012 Author Report Posted November 11, 2012 also, this is a GREAT read to help you get better sound http://www.stevemead...em-a-must-read/ you have the tool to do it, just takes time and practice to understand it. Its really not too bad! Wow that is alot of work. I would gladly pay someone that really understands what they are doing and has the proper tools to do it to fine tune it for me. HOLY SHIT! i can tell you are excited and it probably DOES already sound better....by the way you are just letting the song play. When you get that little taste of BETTER SOUND, its hard not to sit there and enjoy all the tunes in teh collection. After making my changes the other day, I too have been going through everything i have and just loving it. Any time i make changes for the positive, i re-run all my favorites because they sound like brand new songs when the system is RIGHT. thanks for making the video, made all those words i typed worth it to see you happy. I can tell by your voice that its starting to "click" already. Bro you have no idea. I was so pissed off and down thinking that I just wasted the entire day trying to figure this out. I have been working on this for almost 3 months now after planning it for 6. It is all finally starting to come together now. Well, thanks Steve for all this info, and thanks CJ for testng everything out. Can't wait to get mine rollin'. no prob. Too bad we all live so far away from each other. It would be so dope to just tell you guys to meet me at the spot for a tutorial....oh well this is the best we can do. Well this is rather ironic. I will be out in Reno Nov 27-Dec 2 and should be coming to Sacramento to a Toys for Tots show with the DC Crew. I believe Rusty said it is at Brian Nyman's shop.
OrionStang Posted November 11, 2012 Report Posted November 11, 2012 Too bad the RF SQ guys couldn't be there for that. I'd drive up to have my car professionally done. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
CJ18 Posted November 11, 2012 Author Report Posted November 11, 2012 Yeah I wouldnt drive the truck that far.
OrionStang Posted November 11, 2012 Report Posted November 11, 2012 Haha, you're a little far. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
CJ18 Posted November 11, 2012 Author Report Posted November 11, 2012 Ill take my $700 plane ticket over a 2 day drive each way and $2000 in gas any day!
OrionStang Posted November 11, 2012 Report Posted November 11, 2012 Werd. Would be cool either way to go through that 10-hour session with some pro's, your car or not. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
CJ18 Posted November 11, 2012 Author Report Posted November 11, 2012 I agree with that. Then maybe try to sweet talk them into letting me borrow their tools!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.