alternators rated by continuous output

Anyone know of a manufacturer/remanufacturer/custom builder that rates based on continuous output ratings? None of the ones i've looked into seem to do that yet (mechman, dc, EA, etc... pretty much all the "known" ones).

Would be great to know as continous output rated devices are more likely to last than peak output. Might have to look into a custom generator mount at this rate..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

I don't know if they are rated at continuous output, but the DC I have blows air through it like a fan - I can feel air coming out of it. Never been able to get it beyond warm

Out of curiosity, what hellish application is this?

Just one without the option to charge the batteries to give the alternator time off from its job.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

Not sure what you are saying? You want a 100% duty cycle alt so you have the option of not charging batteries?

Its not an option, there is no electrical outlet to use to charge the batteries when on the job.

Hammerdown... 1%

Its not an option, there is no electrical outlet to use to charge the batteries when on the job.

Hammerdown... 1%

If I wanted that i'd buy that lol

Hammerdown... 1%

Still confused on what you are using this alt for...

Are you charging dead batteries with it or something?

Archived