Active wiring

OrzechNJ

ah. i should read more carefully. then that would be the way to go, except that is a lot of power for a component set.

I think it would be perfect, he should be getting between 75 to 100 per mid, and after he cuts his gains back is tweets should be fine. It's rated at 150X2 @ 2ohm, but RF's tend to do a bit more than rated.

edit:

damn non working "H" key

the other thing is if I use the bi-amp option / shoud I switch the setting on the amp on 2 channel ?

I dont wanna my tweeters to play the front stage and mids the "rear" stage .. i hope u know what i mean

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

lol, my keyboard hates me too. that and I can't spell. but you're right, it would be around 100 per speaker which is pretty much perfect. plus the xover absorbs some too.

OP the 2channel/4 channel switch won't effect output, only determines what RCA inputs are being used.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

o.p. let us know how them mids do on that power. I'm only giving my t2's 65 watts and have them active bandpassed at 155hz to 4800hz (12db slope) they love it and get loud, i run my tweets at like 5200 and up or something. I found i only needed my gain barely up from mid to get enough sound from them. So, yeah report back and let us know.

lol, my keyboard hates me too. that and I can't spell. but you're right, it would be around 100 per speaker which is pretty much perfect. plus the xover absorbs some too.

OP the 2channel/4 channel switch won't effect output, only determines what RCA inputs are being used.

ok so if i change it to 2 channel they all gonna work the same way only left/right without front/back stage ?

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

it's simpler than that. if you have front and rear RCA outputs from your headunit, use the 4 channel option. If you only have one set of RCA outputs on your headunit, use the 2 channel option.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

changing the amp to 2 channel mode simply makes it to where it only uses the front rca inputs of the amp right?

if that is the case then yes rather then it having a front and rear channel then the amp would only use the front channel signal but the 4 channels would still put out the same amount of power.

the tweets should be wire to a 8ohm load at the lowest and the mids to a 4 ohm load at the lowest. that should be close to 50 per tweet and 100 per mid. switch the crossovers to bi-amp then set the crossover.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

it's simpler than that. if you have front and rear RCA outputs from your headunit, use the 4 channel option. If you only have one set of RCA outputs on your headunit, use the 2 channel option.

what he was saying is that he doesnt want the any speakers running off the rear output signal. so my guess is the t600.4 is for a front stage amp.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Are we not talking about an active set up anymore? Because active set up means you would not use your passive crossovers that came with the T2's.

All I've read is about using them. Which way are you going with this?

his 600-4 doesn't have the capability to high pass high enough for him to run true active. only goes to 500hz. So his option is just run the tweets off the front channels through the passive crossovers, and mids off the rear channels through the crossovers. and use the high pass on the amp so they are band passed. Then he can dial back his tweets with the amp gain.

Archived