Second Skin Audio

12" level 4 m1s box design help

Nate Futuristic

It looks like like crap to me and no flares possible of course:

3-4sSFPF.jpg

3.9 cubes @32 Hz 37.6 square inches of port area.

Improves over a single 6" but still is tight for those subs, I would prefer a turning slot port over this any day.

Yeah id much rather have 1 giant port or slot port

But i dont have the tools to build proper 45s or 90s in the port

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

A single 8" would need to be 33" long to tune to 30Hz 18" or so would need to be external, so as far as I can see that is a no-go.

Feel free to dismiss any 45s on boxes if you can't do them, those are optimizations, I have seen shared port boxes done without them doing extremely well and getting loud, some members on here recommend not to do them.

A single 8" would need to be 33" long to tune to 30Hz 18" or so would need to be external, so as far as I can see that is a no-go.

Feel free to dismiss any 45s on boxes if you can't do them, those are optimizations, I have seen shared port boxes done without them doing extremely well and getting loud, some members on here recommend not to do them.

they do not optimize anything on occasion you will see a tenth of a gain sometimes a loss nothing you will be able to hear

Can you do a box design without them for me?

Max dim 14x34x22?

Tuning low 30s if possible

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Max dim 14x34x22?

slot or aero? in your situation a slot would most likely me best IMO. I can try and draw you something up for aero ports but I have never done one...

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

your positive thats the max you have to work with/ what if you build the box in the car. i got you a slot port with tuning down to 31-32 but it isnt enough airspace. either go with aero ports or find more volume to work with....i could be wrong but thats what i came up with

14H x 34W x 22D here's what I came up with, no dims on it for you just yet ;)

Not sure if this is what you are looking for or not. All I will say is it is tuned just over 30.1 htzzz &&& the top is obvs off so you can see inside. This design has 3/4" wood 4.8 gross volume ... 16 inches port/foot... 3.1 cubes AFTER port... So each sub will see around 1.5 cubes like you wanted... My 18" btl box does not have any 45s and I have not had any problems with 34 htz tuning. Just use a good amount of glue and screws placed evenly. Also, the last box I built for a 15 Fi Q I used .5 inch wood with no 45s... Used a shit ton of glue and screws lol... And that 15 gets DAMN LOW, the tuning must be somewhere around 27-28htz and it shakes a full size truck cab no problem.

BOXDESIGN212s30htz-1.png

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

14H x 34W x 22D here's what I came up with, no dims on it for you just yet ;)

Not sure if this is what you are looking for or not. All I will say is it is tuned just over 30.1 htzzz &&& the top is obvs off so you can see inside. This design has 3/4" wood 4.8 gross volume ... 16 inches port/foot... 3.1 cubes AFTER port... So each sub will see around 1.5 cubes like you wanted... My 18" btl box does not have any 45s and I have not had any problems with 34 htz tuning. Just use a good amount of glue and screws placed evenly. Also, the last box I built for a 15 Fi Q I used .5 inch wood with no 45s... Used a shit ton of glue and screws lol... And that 15 gets DAMN LOW, the tuning must be somewhere around 27-28htz and it shakes a full size truck cab no problem.

BOXDESIGN212s30htz.png

The lateral channels on a shared port need to be half width that that of the central duct, if you did your box like that, it's likely you are tuned higher than you think, almost like there were no lateral channels.

Max dim 14x34x22?

I left you a center slot port design on a previous post:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155731-12-level-4-m1s-box-design-help/#entry2235988

If you can fit that just don't do the 45s, here is a pic for that box without any 45s:

Tportno45s.jpg

Just a bunch of rectangular cuts which even home depot can do for you, only round a bit the ends of the port and the inner corners of the turn, don't need a router just some sanding will be more than enough.

Archived