HELP... I'm confused

jhmeg2

It could be the processor killing your mid bass. What inputs do you have hooked up to it?

He should know more about what kind of problem he is having when he gets his left and right front doors off his center channel output ...

He is cancelling out all of his left and right separation ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

But only in the mid bass frequencies, I'm assuming he has them bandpassed for mid bass. My concern is the center channel is only trying to process what a center channel would normally process and that isn't mid bass frequencies. But I don't know how the processor works.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

My center channel on my DNX9980 is full range (you've listened to my center, it has plenty of midbass) ... it has settings just like all the other stereo channels ...

It manipulates the system by pulling out frequiencies that it thinks should be center sound only ... which makes it bad for left and right separation when used anywhere else but on top of the dash of the vehicle ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

But only in the mid bass frequencies, I'm assuming he has them bandpassed for mid bass. My concern is the center channel is only trying to process what a center channel would normally process and that isn't mid bass frequencies. But I don't know how the processor works.

yeah that could be a problem. yes its badpassed. i guess I am going to remove the tweet and midrange a-pillars, put in the 3.5" coax in the dash, and run the midbass in the doors off of front two on the 701.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

You could run the 6.5s and tweets using passive xovers. I know you want to run active but that lets you keep them in the A-pillars and free up 2 channels for mid bass.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

My center channel on my DNX9980 is full range (you've listened to my center, it has plenty of midbass) ... it has settings just like all the other stereo channels ...

It manipulates the system by pulling out frequiencies that it thinks should be center sound only ... which makes it bad for left and right separation when used anywhere else but on top of the dash of the vehicle ...

Yeah that is what I was saying. But your truck damn near has subs in the doors :) so that helps yours a lot.

The problem with his is he is trying to do 3-way active with a 2-way active crossover.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

LOL ... Band pass equals full range. Meaning that it plays mid range frequencies just as good as any other frequency on the 20 htz to 20k htz spectrum ...

Try running the sub 180 out of phase. It can help draw the pop of the midbass frenquicies out with greater detail.

Also, ditch anything that has to do with the center channel unless its to run a true center ch ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived