Sonic Electronix

ive been thinkin about building a box to invert my 18" DC lvl4. its runnin around 1200+/- watts. box its in now is tuned to 36hz, 6 cubic feet, port back sub back. its hits a 40+ in spl. any ideas how to make that 18 louder by designin a box different from the box its in now???? would inverting be louder??? and only thing im willing to upgrade at the moment is the amp or battery. but they are last resort, i want to get it louder thru the box design first. any ideas shout em at me on here, through twitter @tht_broncokid93 or email [email protected]

the system includes:

18" DC Lv4

hifonics 1500 mono

optima batt.

60 amp alt

100 amp fuse

alpine headunit

@Trey_Dog650 i know that much, but im trying to get this done without more subs or power at the moment. im tryin to get as loud as i possibly can with the 18 on the 1500.1. im already lookin at a bigger amp and batt. but im mostly lookin for enclosure ideas right now man

'That1Kid'

What vehicle? If its in an suv, try sub up, port back.

its bronco 2, i ran sub up port back for a while but it wouldnt hit at all on any songs really. but the box im lookin at buildin is gonna be sub port back but tuned a lil bit lower then box i originally had.

it being an 18 you gotta know how to handle them.

i find them to be sensitive to certian tunes hz wise

i wouldnt invert it. just a gain of cubic feet. plus on a higher tuning they wouldnt handle as much for optimum efficiency

i think your main objective should be your port....

how many square inches is your port opening?

CAR AUDIO JUNKIE

i wouldnt invert it. just a gain of cubic feet. plus on a higher tuning they wouldnt handle as much for optimum efficiency

what.

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

what.

Didnt you know 18s only play lows?

Hahaha

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

i think your main objective should be your port....

how many square inches is your port opening?

umm, the size of the subwoofer doesnt determine how you should handle them.

i've never heard of a sub being sensitive to what frequency you tune the box to.

you wouldn't gain an entire cubic foot from inverting a single 18. more like a quarter cube at most. and the tuning doesnt go up when you invert. it goes down. so overall efficiency goes up. everything about your post is wrong.

Archived